IMD, GSAM, International Client Business - Institutional Capital Markets, Sales Analyst/Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Mar 18 2018-03-16
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
We are seeking a highly motivated team player for an analyst role within the Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) International Client Business which is part of our Investment Management Division (IMD). In this role, you will support the day-to-day needs of the Institutional Capital Markets (ICM) team which coordinates the launch and distribution of alternative investment offerings to GSAM's clients. ICM is looking for an analyst to join its team based in London.
GSAM delivers innovative investment solutions through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment management organizations globally. Critical to the success of GSAM is our ability to leverage a global team of talented professionals to define solutions and lead change across the operational infrastructure. GSAM's Client Business works to develop and execute thoughtful investment solutions for clients across the globe. Our diverse client base includes corporate and public pension funds, private banks, foundations and endowments, insurers, financial institutions and governments.
GSAM's Client Business is responsible for selling a broad spectrum of products across all asset classes, including hedge funds, private equity, fixed income and equities. In addition, the group collaborates with clients through conferences and presentations on topics including asset allocation, risk budgeting and asset / liability management.
Institutional Capital Markets (ICM) is a global team responsible for sourcing, creating, and marketing the firm's alternative and opportunistic investments for clients. ICM partners with portfolio management and sales teams to develop and effectively communicate these offerings. The group acts as a central interface between sales teams and groups within Goldman Sachs that manage alternative investments, including GSAM's direct investing efforts, the Alternative Investment Manager Selection group, the Merchant Banking Division and external investment managers, across private equity, private credit, real estate, hedge funds and related co-investments. Given GS's strong position as an investor into and provider of alternative investments, ICM sits at the heart of many significant efforts aimed at bringing some of the most creative and differentiating investment solutions to a highly sophisticated investor base.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Coordinate and facilitate the fundraising process for alternative investment offerings
- Structure all aspects of alternative investment offerings, including dialogues with fund managers, reviews by internal and external counsel, drafting committee memos, creating presentation materials and coordinating roadshows
- Work closely with senior team members to execute on projects related to new business development, strategic planning, and product development by conducting market research, drafting marketing materials, and creating thematic sales campaigns
- Provide investment updates and market commentary to both GSAM sales teams and external clients
- Build and manage an industry knowledge base by researching new business opportunities and staying current on industry publications and newspapers, alternative investment databases, client web sites, conference materials, etc.
- Respond to informational requests from various sources including sales teams, clients, prospects and consultants
- Coordinate with key stakeholders across the Division, including Portfolio Managers, Operations, Compliance, Legal, Technology and Product Managers with a common goal of ensuring clients' needs are met
- 1 -3+ years of work experience at an asset management firm or other financial services organization
- Basic knowledge of, and passion for, the asset management business and capital markets
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Ability to synthesize data and create presentations highlighting key findings
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to build trust and confidence of colleagues, strengthen relationships through ongoing dialogue and interactions and collaborate well with others internally to meet client needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced team environment, including with colleagues based in different regional offices
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint and Word)
- Undergraduate degree in business or finance related studies preferred
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.