IMD, GSAM, Global Fixed Income Trader (Government/Swap Team), Analyst/Associate, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS OUR IMPACT
The GSAM Fixed Income team manages over $500 billion for institutions, high net worth individuals and mutual fund investors. Our global investment process is coordinated between different teams with representation in New York, London, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney and China
The Government/Swap team is a portfolio management and trading team within GSAM Fixed Income with responsibility for executing developed market interest rate derivative s , government bond and futures trades across GSAM portfolios as well as identifying and implementing relative value strategies using these products. The team currently has a presence in London, New York and Singapore and is looking to expand its trading capacity in London at a junior level.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
- Daily cash management, duration hedging, day-to-day rebalancing and associated tasks.
- Daily data and portfolio integrity management as well as process enhancements
- Portfolio construction, execution and management of trades for developed market interest rate strategies
- Provision of market colour and dynamics to the global team
- Developing and management of market counterparty relationships
- Excellent analytical, quantitative, communication and interpersonal skills. Strong attention to detail required.
- A self-starter, with enthusiasm, drive and demonstrated learning ability to develop into a strong trader
- Ability to manage relationships both externally with the market as well as internally with members of the global Portfolio Management team
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple tasks essential
- A demonstrable interest in financial markets and desire to be part of a market-facing business area.
- A familiarity with interest rate derivative market products and pricing is an advantage.
- 1+ years Buy side or Sell side Front Office experience desirable
- Strong academic track record.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.