IMD, GSAM, Consultant Relations Analyst, Analyst, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OUR IMPACT
GSAM serves its clients through a global, multi-product platform that offers clients the advantages that come with working with a large firm, while maintaining the benefits of a boutique. GSAM is one of the pre-eminent investment manag ers in the world and critical to that success is our ability to develop and execute thoughtful investment solutions for clients across the globe; while providing world-class service. GSAM's International Client Business works with a diverse client base that includes private banks, pension funds, charities, insurers, governments and other official institutions.
As some of the most sophisticated investors, investment consultants advise many of GSAM's clients on their asset allocation, manager selection and investment philosophies. The Consultant Relations team works with over 100 investment consultant firms around the globe in order that their clients choose to work with GSAM and GS in a competitive market. This requires a deep understanding of clients' needs, consultants' approaches, and GSAM's and GS Merchant Bank's (MBD) investment strategies.
We are seeking a highly-motivated team player for an analyst role in GSAM's Consultant Relations team. In this role, you will support the day-to-day needs of the International Client Business to win new clients and retain existing ones.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Support the Consultant Relations team's senior relationship managers in the day-to-day servicing of high-profile relationships with investment consultants
- Build your own relationships with investment consultants for the benefit of GSAM and GS
- Organise meetings between investment consultants and GSAM investment teams
- Track and summarise progress with investment consultants, including product ratings and market trends in asset allocation and manager selection
- Assist in developing team strategy through analysis of whitepapers and reports created by investment consultants, as well as internal notes, Salesforce data, and conversations with senior management, investment teams, other sales teams and GSAM and MBD investment teams
- Assist in presenting information on consultant strategy
- Very strong interpersonal skills: This role requires the ability to build excellent working relationships with many internal and external parties
- Deep interest in financial markets and the asset management industry
- Intelligence, with a positive attitude, ambition, willingness to learn and strong work ethic
- 1-3+ years of work experience at an asset management firm, Goldman Sachs, or other financial services organisation
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Highly organi s ed with good attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- High ethical standards
- Required to take the Investment management certificate (IMC) upon joining
- Undergraduate degree
- A European language is beneficial but not necessary
- Familiarity with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.