IMD, Fixed Income, Banks and Insurance Analyst, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Dec 17 2017-12-17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
We're a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
GSAM's Corporate Credit Team is seeking a Credit Analyst to join the Investment Grade Credit Research team in London to cover issuers in the Insurance and Banking sectors. The Corporate Credit team manages over $150 billion across the investment grade, high yield and leveraged loan asset classes. The Investment Grade research team is responsible for making investment decisions across a variety of accounts, and also contributes to non-IG portfolios where and when appropriate. The Corporate Credit Team's investment approach relies on a foundation of fundamental credit research; 47 credit research team members in six global locations form the backbone of our team of 74 investment professionals.
The Credit Analyst will be responsible for working directly with other members of the global team to develop investment recommendations across a range of portfolios. A successful candidate must demonstrate commitment to a team-oriented culture and bring a strong background in covering non-financial industries. Valuation skills and an outstanding critical thinking mindset are also critical for the role. The analyst will be responsible for analyzing credits; performing due diligence and presenting recommendations to portfolio managers; monitoring credits on an ongoing basis; and assessing relative value based on risk vs. return for a range of different portfolio strategies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Principal Responsibilities
- Establishing an analytical framework for assigned coverage
- Analyzing issuers via financial analysis, evaluation of industry positioning, assessment of management and strategy, and interrogation of management and sell-side analysts, among other factors
- Assessing the relative value of IG bond investment opportunities by interpreting risk-reward parameters, legal and capital structures, bond covenants, market drivers of bond performance and the value of available alternatives
- Recommending investments across a range of portfolios (e.g., with different risk appetites, restrictions on currencies/countries) and defending those recommendations in both oral and written communication with portfolio managers
- Performing ongoing due diligence and monitoring of portfolio positions and key credits in those industries, and communicating updates in a timely fashion (orally and in writing) to team members across the globe
- 3+ years of experience analyzing the Insurance industry, either from a credit or equity perspective, or in a banking capacity
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Solid accounting knowledge
- Strong understanding of financial markets, preferably within Fixed Income
- CFA study (at any level) a plus
- MBA a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.