IMD - GSAM - Insurance Asset Management Strategist - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 12 April 2018
Application Closing Date: 09 May 2018
The successful candidate will be comfortable developing, utilising, and explaining financial models to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Investment Management Division (IMD) is a team of trusted advisors who provide innovative investment solutions to help our clients meet their financial goals. From private wealth to asset management, we work with specialists and groups from around the firm to help high-net-worth individuals and institutions across various industries navigate changing markets and make smart investments. We value self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, but still provide the support and resources to ensure your success.
Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) Insurance Strategy team is part of the global GSAM Insurance group, a market-leading 70+ person group that manages $200bn+ of assets on behalf of insurance clients. Within that group, the Insurance Strategy team operates alongside the Insurance Portfolio Management team and the Insurance Sales & Client Relationship team to address the specific needs of insurance companies. The team focuses on advising GSAM's insurance clients in the design of their investment, risk, and capital management strategies; and structuring bespoke and innovative investment solutions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
The Strategists use quantitative techniques and industry knowledge to develop real-world solutions for our clients. They participate in meetings and presentations designed to build relationships and pursue commercial opportunities with institutional clients and prospects alongside other members from the group, and the division-wide investment and marketing teams. Common investment projects include: strategic asset allocation, asset-liability matching, tax and capital efficiency, risk budgeting, and balance sheet restructuring.
- Develop and maintain financial models, using object-oriented programming and other tools
- Design and structure new investment strategies and frameworks
- Perform customised research and analysis with institutional clients to address their unique investment objectives
- Prepare and deliver presentations for client meetings
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level, equivalent or above in Mathematics, Statistics or a related quantitative discipline required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience required
- Must have industry related professional qualifications or must be working towards certification
- Experience in asset management/capital markets with exposure to equity markets required
- Must have had client advisory experience
- Knowledge of derivatives and experience of supporting trading processes required
- Experience of financial/mathematical modelling (includes pricing models and default models etc.) required
- Knowledge/experience of C++, R, Excel, VBA, SQL and Bloomberg/FactSet required
- Experience of developing quantitative investment strategies, portfolio analysis, publishing reports, researching required
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal) required
- Creativity, and problem-solving skills required
- Ability to grasp problems described by clients, formulate them clearly, and communicate the resulting analysis to clients with a wide-range of analytical and technical expertise
- Must be a self-starter, should have ability to work independently as well as thrive in a team environment
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.