IIG EMEA Business Risk And Oversight Manager
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
The IIG EMEA Business Risk and Oversight Manager is a member of the IIG Business Management Team. The IIG Business Management team is responsible for business oversight reporting for IIG EMEA including outsourced functions, co-ordination and management of key initiatives and the provision of operational support to client service delivery teams.
The IIG EMEA Business Risk and Oversight Manager is responsible for the leadership of the business team providing support to the wider business Management team, directing team priorities that align with the business and corporate strategies and objectives. Contributes to IIG EMEA leadership meetings and represents the business at a senior level with other parts of NT particularly in relation to outsourced functions. Lead maintenance and enhancement of business processes, systems and reporting to ensure IIG EMEA complies with obligations as a 1st Line of Defence business area, particularly with regard to SMR responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Proactive management of the business oversight support team, ensuring provision of required support to wider business Management Team
• Implementing best practice across the team and embedding the A-Approach culture
• Good level of knowledge of risk and regulatory environment and its impact on the business
• Responsible for creating and maintaining business unit procedures that are compliant with corporate compliance policies, organisational and regulatory requirement.
• Ensure Business Management oversight reporting remains relevant to business environment, is timely and to a high standard including compilation and presentation of monthly and quarterly Business Management reporting for the UKMEA and Continental Europe
• Ensure reporting on oversight of outsourced functions e.g. Enterprise operations, Technology, GFS operations provides a comprehensive overview of the status of service received and highlights any issues and initiatives impacting IIG EMEA.
• Coordinate internal and external audits for the region ensuring timely delivery of data and effective closure of any audit findings
• Oversight of compliance and high risk functions across the business such as timely completion of clients at risk and ASL’s
• Delivers and tests the UK IIG Business Continuity Plan and coordinates plans across the EMEA region
• Assesses business risk and documents key risks and controls in the business Risk and Control Self- Assessment
• Displays a balanced, cross-functional perspective, liaising with the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity
• Maintain a wide network across NT particularly for teams providing operational support
• Effective liaison with 2nd and 3rd line of defence teams
• People management, talent management and succession planning
• Makes staffing decisions, manages expenses, salary review process including location strategy objectives
The new post holder will benefit from having:
• Good understanding of risk and regulatory environment applicable to the business
• Strong Microsoft Office skills including SharePoint
• Technical knowledge of custody and ancillary services such as Stock Lending, FX, PASCO, Transition Management etc.
• Understanding of the Pensions market and Asset owner business
The competencies we seek include:
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Effective prioritisation
• Organisational adaptability
• Personal Accountability
• People and team management
• Management of virtual teams
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint
• Good functional / industry knowledge
• Highly flexible and adaptable to change, self-motivated and able to independently drive results
• Strong analytical skills: ability to analyse and synthesize large amounts of information into concise and structured output.
• Problem solving: think logically and deconstruct a larger problem into sub-components, prioritize issues and allocate resources
• Structured communication skills: ability to communicate complex ideas top-down, ask targeted questions to arrive at solutions
• Interpersonal skills: ability to engage diverse set of stakeholders, understand their viewpoints, build long-term relationships, create a collaborative and inspirational environment within the team
• Previous experience in risk, compliance, consultancy or strategic analysis beneficial
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of September 30, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $131 billion in banking assets
- $7.8 trillion in assets under custody
- $9.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
- $1.1 trillion in assets under management