IFRS Business Data Analyst
- Up to GBP625.00 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 07 Feb 18 2018-02-07
IFRS 9 is the new accounting standard dealing with financial instruments accounting. The largest change proposed by IFRS 9 is the introduction of an expected loss impairment model. The IFRS 9 Programme, managed by Global Finance Change, was established to deal with these changes and enable HSBC to report under the new requirements from the effective date of 1 January 2018. While IFRS9 has gone live in 1 January 2018, there are a number of key initiatives throughout 2018 to embed IFRS9 in business as usual (BAU) processes, and to improve the IFRS9 processes. The IFRS9 Data Acceleration is one of these initiatives.
We are seeking Business Analysts to work in the Data Acceleration workstream team to:
- Conducting data analysis to determine sites' readiness for acceleration, including analysis on adjustment in regulatory reporting and IFRS 9 systems
- Supporting data validation activities to prepare for acceleration
- Supporting the workstream lead in regression testing
- Supporting the analysis during the parallel run prior to data acceleration system cutover
- Liaising with Finance and Risk sites at Group and regional/site level to plan, execute and support the acceleration
Technical Skill Requirements
- Strong analysis or design skills, particularly in relation to data sourcing and/or data validation and/or systems development.
- Understanding of regulatory reporting and/or accounting and/or credit risk concepts
- SQL knowledge is desirable
- Degree Level
Personal Skill Requirements
- Strong execution and problem solving skills
- Effective Team Player - very collaborative, communicates progress, status and issues on a regular basis.
- Ability to present information in a professional manner and respond to questions from all levels of management
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- High degree of motivation and commitment
- Ability to deal with change in role and working environment
- Personal ownership of target and resolution of issues
- Flexibility to attend meetings via audio or video in a variety of time zones, including early mornings and late evenings on occasion. This can be undertaken remotely and can usually be planned in advance.
- Experience of working in a Project Environment in systems implementation or data migration is a must..
- Background in impairment, regulatory reporting or credit risk reporting would be a significant advantage
- Experience of working in a large banking organisation would be a significant advantage