Our client is a multinational Bank and Financial Services organisation who are looking to recruit an experienced SAS Developer for the integration of the latest IFRS9 accounting standard dealing with financial instruments accounting and enable reporting under the new requirements.
Our client is a multinational Bank and Financial Services organisation who are looking to recruit an experienced SAS Developer for the integration of the latest IFRS9 accounting standard dealing with financial instruments accounting and enable reporting under the new requirements. The largest change delivered by IFRS9 is the introduction of an expected loss impairment model.
Post implementation of the accounting standard, the team has now transitioned to a BAU function and continue to support new build functionality and monthly runbook processes. The 3 main workstreams in the programme are Wholesale, Retail and Finance which are responsible for the monthly delivery of models, data, systems and process.
The role is required to support existing build requirements using SAS and provide DevOps capability to monthly production runs. This includes a review of requirements requested by stakeholders followed by the proposed design up to implementation of the calculator in a Live production environment.
Key Areas of Accountability:
- Development using standard SAS tools, mainly SAS Enterprise Guide, visual statistics/analytics and integration with Big Data technology
- Perform the development (coding) documentation and implementation of IFRS9 expected credit loss models with SAS toolset for Wholesale & Retail Credit Risk, covering: technical design and documentation, coding of the component, testing of the component
- Supporting testing (FT & UAT) and overall delivery of the solution by working together with the SAS Delivery Manager and other suppliers (e.g. IT)
- Ensure the use of SAS toolset reduces lead time to delivery and aligns to overall Group strategic direction so that cross-functional development is usable
- Design should help embed standard processes, systems and operational models into the BAU approach for end-to-end execution of stress tests, enabling the organisation to leverage the clients global economies of scale
- Ensure that the delivered SAS solution follows robust, industrialized procedures and meet the required audit and SOX requirement applicable to IFRS 9
Leadership & Teamwork;
- Responsible for delivering SAS component working with multiple teams and geographies, therefore the role holder must be highly skilled in teamwork, to drive his/her own and the team's approach and standards
- Develop high performance standards in SAS toolset to ensure the that IFRS9 solution uses best-in-class, robust solution appropriate for IFRS9 operational, audit and SOX needs
- Collaborate with other Group functions, Regional teams to ensure effective working relationships
- Proactive identification of risk and issues impacting the successful delivery of the SAS calculator solution, and drive to resolve or escalate accordingly
Operational Effectiveness & Control;
- Ownership of minimum SAS development standards for IFRS9 SAS testing activities to ensure strong, repeatable and consistent SAS processing
- Ensure due observance of Internal Control Standards and Group Compliance Policy as part of the SAS calculator design and implementation
- Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder's abilities)
- Ability to review and contribute to solution decision and systems plans while maintaining a strong working relationship with the teams involved
- Structured approach and flexibility to work across multiple disciplines is essential
- Effective management of time to work across multiple disciplines, time zones, etc
- Sensitivity to Cultural diversity and ability to dynamically adapt interpersonal style to build effective relationships
- Capacity to articulate best practice in SAS, to move the culture from a "sharing of best practices" to one of having fit for purpose minimum standards
- Need to build end to end understanding of IFRS 9 process, from data sourcing to impact on the financial numbers
- Excellent understanding of delivery management and SAS toolset
- Driving towards results and managing multiple priorities
- Streamline the expected loss computation across many products types
- Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
- The jobholder works as part of a team of people in the IFRS9 Change Delivery/BAU and has high level of flexibility to consult with Senior Management (especially with WS, RBWM, Risk and Finance) at Group and Regional level
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.