My client, a leading global general and life insurer, are seeking an experienced Business Analyst to join their team. You will be working with the Consulting team who are implementing IFRS17 accounting solution. You will be responsible for the definition of the IFRS17 calculation requirements and the sourcing of the relevant data to support the calculation and accounting requirements.
The candidate will have the following experience and skills:
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years post qualification line accountant experience
- Senior business analyst specialising in accounting solution analysis
- Finance transformation project experience within a major financial services company
- Sub ledger and accounting rules implementation experience
- Analysis of financial reporting requirements – and designing extracts/reports based on the sub ledger data
- Data analysis and data integration experience
- Chart of accounts analysis – determining correct account segmentation based on reporting requirements (including MI requirements)
- Ability to define product life cycle and identify the resulting accounting events from this life cycle.
- Logical database & data relationship design
- Test strategy and planning
- Team player
- Ability to work with direction
- Ability to work with technical resources
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to run workshops with consultants in support, and the client in attendance
- Ability to work within a consulting team
- Ability to work with and liaise with client resources
- of all levels: ranging from line business users to finance managers
- Highly mathematical, as IFRS17 implementations will require the resource to work with actuaries and be able to understand the actuarial model outputs & processes.
- Advantageous: insurance industry experience, especially solvency II.
- Advantageous: exposure to IFRS17.
- Expert excel user
- MS-Word, MS-Powerpoint, MS-Visio
- Project management tools eg: JIRA, MS-Project
- Relational database knowledge