IB Associate, FSG
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 19
IB Associate, FSG
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Institutional Banking
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18076495
A Senior Associate in the Financial Strategies and Solutions Group is responsible for supporting the team in its advice to Citi's corporate and financial institutions clients on strategic solutions to address their most complex financial needs including capital raising, risk management, M&A, capital structure, valuation, and capital deployment across multiple industries.
• Participates in M&A and capital raising transactions (including equity, investment grade and leveraged debt financing) by working closely with clients, industry teams, capital markets, and M&A professionals
• Drives the development of client relationships through identification of emerging trends that affect corporations, and advise on risk management, distribution policy, shareholder activism, credit ratings and other complex issues
• Develops enhancements to traditional valuation analyses using quantitative analytics
• Helps seniors through execution for inaugural rating processes as well as drives the on-going client relationships for rating advisory mandates
• Helps develop the juniors in the team through training and involvement on various projects
• Obtain a broad and deep understanding of global financial markets
• Develop knowledge of financial products
• Opportunity to develop world class broad based banking and client relationship skills
• Opportunity to work in a large and complex organisation with a demanding customer base and in a challenging and changing business environment
• Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment
• Candidates must have excellent communication skills, a very high level of motivation, and a strong desire in developing and applying academic research to solve real-world corporate finance problems
• Knowledge and understanding of accounting and finance concepts with solid working knowledge of corporate finance fundamentals
• Past experience in a rating advisory team or at a rating agency would be preferred
• Analytical - Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base.
• Organisational - Managing demands from several sources, working to deadlines and managing offsite analyst timetables
• Strong communication skills (both written & verbal) at all organisational levels - Attention to detail and clarity
• Ability to efficiently plan and organise own workload within tight deadlines
• Ability to work efficiently within a team environments and as an individual contributor
• Interpersonal skills - Able to create and sustain good personal contacts within the team and amongst Citi's product partners
• Self-starter - Prepared to take the initiative to follow issues through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance
• Team Player - being able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long term projects
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
• Honesty, integrity and reputation
• Financial soundness
• Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your
Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer