My client - a large Investment Bank is looking for a Vice President to join their M&A Generalist team. Previous relevant experience is required, with a track record either in M&A or sector teams and evidenced deal experience. The successful,candidate ideally will come from an Investment Banking background or a Boutique.
- The M&A Generalist team forms part of their investment banking client value proposition where they offer financial and advisory solutions that support critical strategic events in a company’s evolution.
- As part of the team, you will be involved throughout the lifecycle of an M&A transaction, from origination, to execution, to closing. The team typically works alongside sector, product and country experts in delivering their M&A services.
- In addition to M&A transactions, you will also support the team in providing strategic capital advice and executing IPOs alongside the ECM team.
- Support in execution of mandated transactions: Interacting with clients and various levels of management, and acting as an integral part of the execution team. Support the team in project management, due diligence, Q&A, transaction documentation etc;
- Creating marketing materials: Creating investment banking marketing materials such as pitch books, teasers, information memorandums and management presentations;
- Financial analysis: Demonstrating advanced modelling skills to help prepare and audit corporate finance, valuation, financing and accounting analysis;
- Sector knowledge: even though it is a generalist team, you will be required to keep up to date with the markets and sector developments, understanding regulatory frameworks in relevant jurisdictions to provide advice, valuation and financing structures;
- Teamwork – In addition to building & maintaining relationships within the team, you will be expected to engage effectively with colleagues across businesses/products/countries and work collaboratively in a global context;
- Ability to multi-task: Proactively work with project team to prioritise tasks and schedule time effectively;
- Developing analysts: Supervising, training and reviewing the work of analysts to fully contribute towards their professional development.