IBD Ops Bank Loans Middle Office Analyst
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas. WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world.
Founded in 1869, Goldman Sachs has long sustained a commitment to hiring and training outstanding leaders. Our business principles are rooted in integrity, a commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. These values enable us to execute successfully a business strategy that is focused on extraordinary client service and superior long-term financial performance for our shareholders.
We conduct our business in increasingly complex markets. Our people must continually find new ways to provide access to capital, manage risk and provide investment opportunities for our clients to enable them to realise their goals. We judge ourselves on our ability to help clients anticipate and respond to changing market conditions and to create opportunities that merit the trust they place in us. BUSINESS UNIT OVERVIEW
Investment Banking Operations support the Bank Loans, Fixed Income and Equity Trading Desks. More specifically, the Group supports the Cash Equity / Fixed Income, Bank Loans Syndicate Execution Desk by performing middle office functions.
The role of a Syndicate Analyst is to help structure and execute IBD transaction as well as support the Syndicate Execution Desks and encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Provide Operational support to the EMEA Syndicate desk to help structure bank loans/ equity/debt new issuance and to ensure accurate deal set-up, trade bookings and flows.
- Involves extensive close contact with IBD, ECM, DCM, Trading, Sales, Operations groups, Legal, Compliance, Financial Controllers and external brokers/counterparties and clearing systems.
- Review executed commitments and legal documentation to ensure key attributes is captured correctly in internal systems.
- Perform key control and risk management functions for Corporate Bank loans from booking, closing and deal funding.
- Liaise with Common Depositaries, Clearing Houses, GS Legal to ensure transactions close successfully.
- Perform trade corrections in a timely and efficient manner, inform traders of any potential issues, and liaise with Agent Banks to minimize P&L, reputational and settlement risk.
- Weekly risk reporting, and continuous involvement in initiatives to improve STP metrics and system developments
- Providing updates to Senior Management on a weekly and ad-hoc basis on current market conditions and deal pipeline.
Supporting a busy desk as well as ECM, DCM, Bank Loan and IBD teams, the Candidate will acquire extensive interaction across a number of departments within Goldman Sachs, providing excellent scope to build key relationships with the Business areas and across Federation teams.
In addition to being provided with full training to perform their daily tasks, the Candidate will also receive training on a number of internal systems used in both front and middle office and as a result will play an integral part in working with IT/Project groups in developing an optimal flow for all trade bookings and eliminating any manual processes. SKILL / EXPERIENCE
Due to the high level of interaction with other GS departments and external clients will require the right candidate to have the following:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as they will often be required to host conference calls or meetings and help structure transactions with banking colleagues, external lawyers and other third parties.
- The successful candidate will often be responsible for structuring high profile transactions for the firm and therefore they need the ability to work under pressure and in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in a Bank Loans or Middle Office function would be helpful but is not essential.
Educated to degree level preferred YOUR CAREER
Goldman Sachs is a meritocracy where you will be given all the tools to help you develop. At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, 'Goldman Sachs University' offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
In order to help you navigate the organisation, you will be given a mentor from outside of your immediate department. This person will be positioned to provide you with objective advice and guidance on your career development.
We value internal mobility. The chance to take on new challenges in the firm over time will ensure that you remain stimulated and will help in your continued professional and personal development. Goldman Sachs is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, colour, gender, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by applicable law.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity