IBD, Financing, New Markets ECM, Vice President / Executive Director, London
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB The Firm
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The Equity Capital Markets group works closely with public and private companies, governments and financial sponsors to originate, structure and execute equity financings such as initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, block trades, convertibles and derivatives. The group is organized by product (common equity, convertibles and derivatives) and segmented by region.
• Providing market informed judgments on a broad array of financing strategies to address clients' specific needs
• Interacting with industry and product groups across the firm to deliver the most innovative and holistic solutions to our clients
• Delivering best-in-class deal structuring and execution
ECM professionals in EMEA are primarily organized on a geographic basis. The proposed role would be with the team responsible for New Markets (i.e. emerging markets in the EMEA region). ECM is fully integrated with both the debt financing and the advisory areas of the firm to provide comprehensive solutions to our clients' financing needs. Our advice is based on the specific circumstances and strategic considerations relevant to the client and commonly begins with an examination of their business model, level of development, capital structure, strategic imperatives, and overall financial profile. The group works closely with many other areas of the firm, particularly equity sales and trading. Close interaction and coordination between these different groups of professionals with ECM provides us with enhanced market intelligence and best-in-class structuring and execution advice.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Basic Qualifications
• Candidate must have completed an undergraduate degree
• Current experience as an investment banking senior associate or junior vice president (or related financial position)
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including modeling experience
• Good presentation / communication skills with ability to effectively interact with groups across divisions (e.g., traders, sales, classic bankers)
• Fundamental interest in the equity markets
• Ability to form independent judgments and move transactions forward
• Ability to balance multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
• Demonstrate attention to detail
• Drive and enthusiasm with a team orientation
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.