IBD, Financing Group, Leveraged Finance - Associate, London
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
The Leveraged Finance Group within the Investment Banking Division is looking for an experienced Analyst or Associate with current Leveraged Finance banking (or related) experience to join the team. Our Leveraged Finance group originates, structures, advises and executes bank loan and high yield bond financings for corporate clients and financial sponsors, including LBOs, refinancings, M&A transactions and restructurings
As an Investment Banking Associate within the Leveraged Finance team, you will work across the Country and Industry team to:
- Guide clients, including companies, governments and private individuals, in their achieving their strategic and financial objectives
- Maintain client communication
- Create and analyse financial models
- Create and prepare client presentations
- Help drive the entire transaction processes
- Assist in structuring transactions
- Participate in and conduct due diligence sessions - a necessary component of financial transactions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level or equivalent required
- Prior investment banking industry experience required
- Significant experience within Leveraged Finance required
- Strong financial modelling experience and knowledge of LBO required
- Familiarity with analysis (fundamental credit, capital structure) required
- Must have end-to-end experience with execution (includes pitching, structuring, negotiation, drafting)
- Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities
- Strong communications, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity