IBD, Financing Group, Credit Rating Advisory, Vice President, London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INVESTMENT BANKING
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
The Credit Rating Advisory group is present in London, New-York and Hong-Kong and is responsible for providing our clients with advice and services relating to their capital structure, credit profile and credit rating considerations. The group works in tandem with the rest of the Investment Banking division to provide integrated corporate finance and financing solutions.
Members of the Credit Rating Advisory group benefit from this broad integration which provides additional long term career opportunities and diversity across functions.
In the context of a very active advisory and financing activity, the team is seeking to recruit a strong candidate to join as a Vice-President based in London.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and coordinate ratings processes with clients (e.g. initial ratings, M&A-related)
- Support active pitching and participate in client meetings for new business
- Perform capital structure and rating analysis in the context of M&A, LBOs, restructurings, etc
- Estimate potential rating impact of transactions
- Develop and audit models applied to credit and rating assessments
- Maintain and develop a network of contacts at the rating agencies
- Work experience with a credit/debt related function (eg rating advisory, corporate finance advisory, rating agency, debt capital markets, credit risk management etc)
- Degree in Economics / Finance / Accounting related discipline
- Experience of assessing credit worthiness and potential credit rating
- Experience in rating agency methodologies, approaches and processes
- Strong modelling and financial statements analysis capability
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet multiple deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly as part of multiple teams and autonomously
- Ability to juggle changing priorities and a varied workload
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.