What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Syndicate Engineering is a front office facing team and part of the Investment Banking Division, building business critical platforms used to execute new issue transactions such as IPOs and Bond offerings. Our platforms are used throughout all stages of deal execution including investor indication capture, book building, trade booking, risk management and reporting. Your Accountability & Impact
We are looking for a creative, innovative and enthusiastic
individual to join the team here in New York and undertake development across all tiers of our business-facing systems. Your responsibilities will include:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Working with the business to transform/digitise/automate investment banking deal-related activities. Syndicate Engineering is performing large-scale upgrades of our existing application suite; we seek motivated and capable engineers to help us drive through this transformation.
- You will leverage agile methodologies and be responsible for product delivery ensuring quality and meeting timelines
- We encourage candidates to bring new ideas and technologies to the table. Our goal is to foster innovation!
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer science or equivalent
- 3-7 years hands -on development experience having a successful track-record of delivering quality code
- Recent hands-on experience with Java, RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Spring, Hibernate, ReactJS (or other UI frameworks) in a test-driven environment
- Experience with building and maintaining a micro-service based distributed architecture
- Ability to excel in a global team with a disciplined approach to software development and focus on automated testing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Exposure to a relational database environment
- Leadership skills, including taking initiative, self-awareness and ability to coach new analysts
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Ability to design and build solutions using common Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Experience with Apache Camel, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ (or other event-based messaging) and Dropwizard
- Experience with building end-to-end testing frameworks for distributed systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity