What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology division and global Strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Syndicate Engineering is a front office facing team and part of the Investment Banking Division, building business critical platforms used to execute new issue transactions such as IPOs and Bond offerings. Our platforms are used throughout all stages of deal execution including investor indication capture, book building, trade booking, risk management and reporting. Your Accountability & Impact
We are looking for a creative, innovative and enthusiastic individual to lead the Equity Capital Markets (ECM) team here in London and undertake development across all tiers of our business-facing systems. Your responsibilities will include:
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- We are looking for a creative, innovative and enthusiastic individual to lead the Equity Capital Markets (ECM) team here in London and undertake development across all tiers of our business-facing systems. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the business to transform/digitise/automate investment banking deal-related activities. Syndicate Engineering is performing large-scale upgrades of our existing application suite; we seek motivated and capable engineers to help us drive through this transformation.
- You will leverage agile methodologies and be responsible for product delivery ensuring quality and meeting timelines
- You will lead by example and will be expected to spend at least 70% of your time writing code
- You will be responsible for coaching the team on the technologies mentioned above and any others which are incorporated along the way
- We encourage candidates to bring new ideas and technologies to the table. Our goal is to foster innovation!
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer science or equivalent
- 10+ years hands-on development experience having a successful track-record of delivering quality code
- Recent hands-on experience with Java, RESTful services, JAX-RS(Jersey), Spring, Hibernate, ReactJS (or other UI frameworks) in a test-driven environment
- Ability to excel in a global team with a disciplined approach to software development and focus on automated testing
- Exposure to a relational database environment
- Experience with building and maintaining a micro-service based distributed architecture
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Leadership skills, including team management, project delivery and stakeholder management
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Ability to design and build solutions using common Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Experience with Apache Camel, Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ (or other event-based messaging) and Dropwizard
- Experience with building end-to-end testing frameworks for distributed systems