IBD, Classic, Real Estate - Associate, London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
Our Associates play an important role in developing and strengthening our client relationships, participating on our advisory teams and in structuring and executing a full range of financial transactions. They will gain exposure to the firm's businesses and expand their knowledge of the investment banking industry, as they develop key analytical, communications and marketing skills. From maintaining client communication to helping Goldman Sachs structure client transactions, our Associates are a vital part of Goldman Sachs' Investment Banking Division.
- Creating and analysing financial models, helping manage transaction processes and assisting in structuring transactions.
- Developing financial models, performing customised company valuation analysis and actively being involved in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions and fixed income and equity issuances.
- Organising and preparing presentations, which explain industry trends, assessing clients' situations to provide the necessary financial advice and recommending strategies to meet client goals.
- Coordinating teams of tax advisors, auditors, attorneys, real estate valuers, and bankers for various transactions; leading due diligence processes and actively participating in the negotiations of legal documentation, preparations of internal committee presentations and fundings. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, equivalent or above required
- Significant investment banking or equivalent experience (experience in the real estate sector preferred)
- Experience with buy-side and sell-side M&A, equity and debt financing transactions required
- Experience with due-diligence and transaction execution processes required
- Strong financial modelling skills (including stress testing) and experience of building/maintaining operating models required
- Experience of financial valuations with knowledge of DCF, LBO, merger modeling
- Strong team orientation and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with team members in multiple groups and regions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Solid work ethic, motivation level, and strong attention to detail
- Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity