IBD - Transaction Banking - EU Risk Manager (VP) - Amsterdam
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB INVESTMENT BANKING
Our division works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas. Transaction Banking
Transaction Banking ("TxB") facilitates the storage and movement of value globally. As a strategic priority for Goldman Sachs, we are building a modern and digital-first solution to serve our clients. Our business combines the strength, heritage, and expertise of a 150-year-old firm with the agility and entrepreneurial spirit of a tech start-up. Our goal is to provide a best-in-class digital product that helps clients to succeed by giving them a holistic view of their business. Through the use of modern technology built on the cloud, we are the alternative to legacy platforms. We're a team of diverse experts helping our clients to build the future of their Treasury. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS The Role
TxB's Risk Management team oversees all risks across TxB globally. Potential candidates will have a bird's eye view of an exciting new business and the opportunity to work closely with TxB and GS leadership teams. They will also have a view into all TxB products, new business initiatives, go-to-market strategies, client interactions, regulatory dynamic and the full spectrum of business risks and controls.
TxB EU Risk Manager will report to globally to the TxB Chief Risk Officer, with accountability to regional leadership.
Principal responsibilities include:
- Risk program and governance: Support overall TxB's EU Risk program buildout, provide oversight of key policies and procedures, and coordinate various governance forums
- Products: Partner with TxB Product teams to develop and present new products to appropriate internal committees
- Regulators: support the business' on-going interaction with key regulators in EU
- Financial Crimes Compliance: collaborate with Goldman's financial crimes compliance teams to structure appropriate product and transaction controls
- Compliance: co-structure TxB's EU compliance risk program with demonstrable controls for all applicable laws, rules & regulations, in collaboration with firm wide legal & compliance teams
- Fraud: Serve as a backup escalation point for fraud alerts and support decision making with client service teams
- Client Risk: support TxB's business development team on structuring legal & compliance solutions, client documentation reviews and exception approvals, other revenue enablement controls
- Credit Risk: Assess and assign Intraday credit limits and related credit parameters, in collaboration with the TxB intraday credit risk lead and the firmwide Credit Risk team
- Operational Risk: Responsible for the periodic review and assessment of operational risks in EU as part of the RCSA (Risk, Controls and Self-assessment) process, in collaboration with the TxB operational risk lead and GS' second line operational risk team.
- Global risk program support: Provide thought leadership and support TxB's global, regional risk programs for key initiatives
As a risk leader in a startup environment, TxB EU Risk Manager will secondarily engage with a broad range of non-financial topics including:
- Partner with TxB Sales in document negotiation, client onboarding and ongoing issue management processes
- Coordinate with second line (risk, compliance, controllers, etc.) and third line of defense (audit) stakeholders
- Ensure capital and regulatory requirements are documented and corresponding controls are periodically evaluated
- Assist with TxB's global expansion program, including the development of local business and compliance controls
- Contribute to TxB's Business Continuity Plan as required
- Ad-hoc issue management
- Prior experience: Minimum 8-10 years of experience in a risk management, legal or compliance
- Execution focus: Ability to be creative, collaborate widely and deliver on key risk objectives in a fast paced start-up environment
- Communication skills: Extremely strong presentation skills, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
Location ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Prior Transaction Banking and payments risk experience
- Solid understanding of EU regulatory landscape related to Transaction Banking
- Prior financial crimes, legal and/or compliance experience
- German and/or additional European languages would be highly preferable
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity