IBD - TMT - Analyst - London
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date:
27 August 2020
Application Closing Date:
24 September 2020
Full time OUR IMPACT
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diverse client base including corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals.
The Investment Banking Division (IBD) provides a broad-based global service with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, privatisations and equity, debt, leveraged finance and structured product solutions.
Investment Banking Analysts help to assist our clients in achieving their strategic and financial objectives. Our Analysts play an important role in developing and strengthening our client relationships, participating on our advisory teams and in structuring and executing a full range of financial transactions.
The Investment Banking Division is organised by country, industry and product groups. Depending on the team you sit in you will be working within multidisciplinary teams, consisting of colleagues with the relevant geographic, sector or product expertise. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
Investment Banking professionals at Goldman Sachs gain exposure to the firm's businesses and expanded knowledge of the investment banking industry, as they develop key analytical, communications, marketing and sales skills. They create and analyse financial models, performing scenario analyses and tests to examine the effects of client alternatives. In addition, they organise and prepare presentations, which explain industry trends, discuss client options, and recommend strategies to meet client goals. They may also participate in and conduct due diligence sessions, a necessary component of financial transactions.
As an Investment Banking Analyst within Technology, Media and Telecoms (TMT), you will work across the Country and Industry team to:
- Guide clients, including companies, governments and private individuals, in their achieving their strategic and financial objectives
- Maintain client communication
- Create and analyse financial models
- Create and prepare client presentations
- Help drive the entire transaction processes
- Assist in structuring transactions
- Participate in and conduct due diligence sessions - a necessary component of financial transactions SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level, equivalent or above required
- Prior experience gained from working within investment banking/financial services industry with focus on TMT sector required
- Must be professionally certified or working towards certification
- Experience in M&A, corporate finance and working on buy-side and sell-side transactions required
- Robust financial and analytical skill set with high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Experience of conducting industry research and screening of potential M&A opportunities for clients required
- Strong financial modelling skills and familiarity with benchmarking, merger modeling, price analysis, financial analysis, comparables and precedent analysis required
- Knowledge of asset markets, financial valuations, portfolio management and risk management required
- Experience of preparing company and industry profiles, case/event studies, pitch books and deal specific marketing materials required
- Excellent communication, work ethic, leadership and client relationship management skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity