IBD - TMT/Industrials - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 22 Apr 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 02 April 2019
Application Closing Date: 29 April 2019
Are you passionate about the financial services industry? We're looking for a professional to join our TMT/Industrials team who wants to be a part of our Investment Banking Division (IBD) and use their skills and ideas to make an impact to the success of the business at Goldman Sachs.
Investment Banking Division (IBD) works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
Our Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT)/Industrials group provides insights and services covering a wide range of industries. Within the TMT space, these range from electronics to software to Internet to wireless and cable companies. Industrials industries include aerospace and defence; automotive; building and construction; business services; capital goods; diversified industrials; transportation and infrastructure; and paper, forest products and packaging.
With professionals in offices around the world, the group provides the full range of Goldman Sachs' investment banking services, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, equity and debt financings, financial restructurings and risk management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
Investment Banking Associates at Goldman Sachs gain exposure to the firm's businesses and expanded knowledge of the investment banking industry, as they develop key analytical, communications, marketing and sales skills. Associates create and analyse financial models, performing scenario analyses and tests to examine the effects of client alternatives. In addition, Associates organize and prepare presentations, which explain industry trends, discuss client options, and recommend strategies to meet client goals. Associates may also participate in and conduct due diligence sessions, a necessary component of financial transactions. From maintaining client communication to helping Goldman Sachs structure client transactions, our Associates are a vital part of Goldman Sachs' banking teams.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level, equivalent or above required
- Significant experience in TMT/Industrials sector within the private equity/investment banking/financial services industry required
- Must be CFA/professional qualified or working towards certification
- Experience with client coverage and execution of M&A and capital raising transactions required
- Experience of corporate finance and valuation analyses including DCF, LBO, merger consequences, WACC etc. required
- Experience of conducting business, financial and legal due-diligence; preparing marketing materials, RFPs and structuring transactions required
- Experience with financial and merger modeling, accretion/dilution, ROIC and debt capital analysis required
- Senior stakeholder/client relationship management experience required
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent stakeholder/client relationship management experience required interpersonal skills required
- Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities required
- Strong communication (verbal and written), multi-tasking and time management skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.