IBD - Real Estate Debt Financing - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 22 Apr 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 02 April 2019
Application Closing Date: 29 April 2019
Are you passionate about the financial services industry? We're looking for highly motivated and driven professionals to join Goldman Sachs who wants to be a part of our Investment Banking Division and use their skills and ideas to make an impact to the success of the business at the firm.
Investment Banking Division (IBD) works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on merger and acquisitions, providing financial solutions, or structuring a public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
Our Real Estate Financing Group in Europe is responsible for the origination, underwriting and distribution of debt against commercial real estate assets, NPL portfolios, construction projects and performing loan portfolios. The group focuses on capital market execution, through loan syndications and securitizations creating liquidity in real estate debt. We are a market leader in the field having underwritten some of the largest real estate transaction in Europe in recent years. The team is a tightly-knit and nimble group creating an excellent environment for creative thinking and exposure to live transactions early on.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
Investment Banking Associates and gain deep exposure to the firm's businesses and expanded knowledge of the investment banking industry, as they develop key analytical, communications and execution skill to become well rounded deal originators. Associates create and analyse financial models, performing scenario analyses and tests to examine the effects of client alternatives. In addition, Associates organize and prepare presentations, which explain industry trends, discuss client options, and recommend strategies to meet client goals. Associates may also participate in and conduct due diligence sessions, a necessary component of financial transactions as well as maintain client communication to helping Goldman Sachs structure transactions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level, equivalent or above in Finance, Economics or a related discipline required
- Current experience within investment banking, debt fund or private equity required
- Significant transaction experience in Real Estate Financing/Investment required
- Experience or origination and execution of corporate and asset backed financing required
- Familiarity with potential transaction screening, origination and execution of opportunistic real estate investments required
- Experience with financial modelling, valuation analysis, market research and due-diligence required
- Experience of liaising with advisors/lawyers, preparing credit committee materials, analysing legal documentation, negotiating deal-terms required
- Familiarity with analysis of non-performing roles and distressed portfolio preparation required
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills required
- Personal integrity, initiative and leadership qualities
- Strong quantitative and technical abilities
- Strong communications, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Must be a collaborative team-player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.