IBD - FSIG - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Apr 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 05 April 2019
Application Closing Date: 02 May 2019
Investment Banking Division (IBD) works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
The Financial & Strategic Investors Group (FSIG) provides both coverage and execution banking services to our client base which is comprised of a broad range of financial sponsors, ranging from the world's largest private equity firms to some of the leading mid-market investors. The team assists clients across the life cycle of their investments, from investment-idea generation, Leveraged Buyouts, asset acquisition and financing-through to monetization via re-financings, sell side advisory and IPOs. The group interacts extensively with all parts of the firm, providing an outstanding platform to learn from working with bankers across all product areas and industry groups.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
Investment Banking Associates at Goldman Sachs gain exposure to the firm's businesses and expanded knowledge of the investment banking industry, as they develop key analytical, communications, marketing and sales skills. Associates create and analyse financial models, performing scenario analyses and tests to examine the effects of client alternatives. In addition, Associates organize and prepare presentations, which explain industry trends, discuss client options, and recommend strategies to meet client goals. Associates may also participate in and conduct due diligence sessions, a necessary component of financial transactions. From maintaining client communication to helping Goldman Sachs structure client transactions, our Associates are a vital part of Goldman Sachs' banking teams.
You will take part in an support/execution/advisory role on M&A transactions working closely with financial sponsor and corporate clients through all stages of a transaction, both on the buy-side and sell-side.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's level, equivalent or above required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience required
- Current experience as an investment banking associate required
- Must be CFA / professionally qualified or working towards qualification
- Experience of advising on financial sponsor and corporate buy-side and sell-side M&A, LBO, debt financings and IPOs required
- Demonstrated interested in finance, companies, transactions and financial markets
- Experience of creating presentation for clients, designing and optimising business highlights for investors, preparing marketing materials and memoranda required
- Experience in leading due diligence processes, involvement with buy-side, sell-side processes and researching required
- Client/stakeholder relationship management experience required
- Familiarity with Bloomberg/Reuters/Capital IQ and VBA required
- Experience in building operation models, valuation models, forecasting models and P2P models required
- Strong analytical orientation, with experience performing financial/valuation analysis required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Independent and proactive when working on idea generation for clients and ability to think critically
- Must be a collaborative team player
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.