IBD - Debt Capital Market Strats - Associate - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 23 Apr 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 04 April 2019
Application Closing Date: 01 May 2019
Investment Banking Division (IBD) works on some of the most complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today. Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for producing out-of-the-box ideas.
IBD Strats are both investment bankers and innovators who create analytics and scalable technology platforms that will shape the future of investment banking and how we connect with clients. Direct participation in client interactions, deal executions and other core commercial activities allows us to be in the optimal position to develop technical innovations that create economic leverage and differentiate the firm.
The professionals in the group develop quantitative and technical solutions for IBD's clients in partnership with teams throughout the Financing Group, IBD Classic, and the Securities Division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
Our team members are financial engineers, software engineers, and data scientists who share a passion for investment banking and the financial markets.
- IBD Strats are involved in marketing, structuring, pricing, and executing transactions for large corporations and institutions in the capital markets and M&A. We develop state-of-the-art quantitative and analytical methods for advising clients, and we build financing and risk-management solutions across products and industries.
- The position involves solving business, data, and technology-related problems across Debt Capital Markets (DCM), working in tandem with DCM marketers.
- The role requires a combination of the following competencies: software engineering, data and statistical analysis ideally including machine learning, an understanding of the financial markets and debt products, and strong communication skills with non-technical clients and marketers.
- As a global team, we focus on targeting deal opportunities, executing transactions effectively, and creating differentiated client materials. This requires both building models, apps, and infrastructure for scalable use by internal teams and/or clients, as well as client-specific analyses.
- A successful candidate in our London office must act as a local liaison with our global team, and interact with the European Financing Group, Classic Banking, Securities Division, and IBD Technology teams. We expect them to be self-led, entrepreneurial, and capable of managing the delivery and adoption of key products.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's or advanced degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or a related quantitative discipline required
- Prior Investment Banking industry experience required
- Experience of working within Debt Capital Markets required
- Experience of design and implementing analytical tools and web applications required
- Experience of designing, implementing, maintaining and enhancing/optimising front-end user interfaces for analytics end users required
- Strong knowledge and experience of analytics, algorithms and data collection required
- Experience of SQL/MySQL and familiarity with big data analytics/Hadoop and data visualisation tools required
- Data analysis experience required
- Willingness to learn and use proprietary technologies required
- Must have quantitative / analytic reasoning and problem-solving abilities
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Must be a collaborative team player
- Strong interest in finance, investment banking, and the capital markets required
- Results-oriented work ethic based upon responsibility, enthusiasm, and pride in work
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a highly pressurised environment required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.