IBD – Natural Resource Group - Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
See job description for details
IBD – Natural Resource Group - Analyst (3106853)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is a worldwide leader in investment banking and is ranked amongst the top firms in mergers and acquisitions, underwriting of equity and equity-related transactions, high-yield debt financing and corporate debt issuance. With over 2,000 investment banking and capital markets professionals in 30 countries, we are consistently recognised for our performance in both traditional and innovative financing techniques, helping a wide range of clients around the world to make and execute decisions about their strategic and financial structure.
The Natural Resources Group (NRG) covers upstream oil & gas, downstream and petroleum products marketing, oilfield services, and basic materials industries for the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) region. Within the European Investment Banking Division, the NRG team works with relevant regional and international clients on a wide range of complex transactions including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, shareholder relations, recapitalisations, demergers, leveraged buyouts and defences against unsolicited takeover attempts, strategy advisory assignments and executions of public and private capital markets transactions.
• Creating and analysing financial models with a high degree of granularity
• Performing financial analysis, strategic business analysis and detailed industry research
• Gathering market data to analyse trends and help value companies and transactions
• Creating, drafting and taking ownership of presentations and memoranda for a wider audience both internally within the firm as well as externally
• Contributing to team discussions and client meetings
• Helping to manage and assist in the execution of corporate finance transactions
• You have a strong academic background including studying for, or have achieved, an MBA or equivalent.
• Relevant Investment Banking (corporate finance/M&A) experience or equivalent required.
• Relevant experience with Natural Resources preferred.
• Familiarity with the EMEA Oil & Gas sector and corporate landscape preferred.
• Fluent in English; ability to communicate effectively in multiple languages is helpful.
• Strong analytical and modelling skills .
• Knowledge of basic accounting and financial concepts; ability to analyse and value businesses.
• A positive, highly motivated individual who exhibits strong leadership and management qualities.
• Strong understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment.
• Demonstrate best in class professional integrity.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence.
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail.
• Proactive; self-motivated and goal oriented.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
• Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment.
The salary of this role is competitive
The closing date for applications is 04/04/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.