- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 17 Jun 18
IBCM, Real Estate, ASO, London #112543
Credit Suisse holds a leading position across the spectrum of investment banking capital markets products - all designed to help our clients achieve their strategic objectives. Credit Suisse ranks in the top tier in nearly all major business segments and is a trusted advisor to our clients in every aspect of investment banking capital markets - from mergers and acquisitions and strategic advice to all aspects of capital-raising, such as Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets and Leveraged Finance.
The Investment Banking Capital Markets Department is a leader in innovating new and creative ideas for clients which help them access the best and most efficient capital sources. We combine our Industry and Country Coverage groups' global expertise and reach with the Bank's Product expertise to deliver such solutions efficiently and effectively to clients.
An opportunity has arisen to join the Real Estate Group in London as a full-time Associate. The Real Estate Group specialises in corporate finance solutions for professional investors and developers of real estate assets. Our clients span the asset-type spectrum, from shopping centres to student accommodation, data-centres to distribution warehouses, hotels to hospitals - using our expertise our team has led some of the most high profile transactions in the sector. Our London-based team covers clients across EMEA and we also work closely with other industry groups where their clients have significant indirect real estate asset exposure.
Key responsibilities of the role:
Investment Banking Associates work on a broad array of domestic and international transactions. Our bankers execute mergers and acquisitions, raise capital for clients, guide companies through financial restructuring, discuss strategic alternatives geared towards competitive growth, and provide other advisory services. As an associate you will work alongside some of the industry's best and brightest bankers and have exposure to senior people at a diverse set of companies. Associates get the chance to have high visibility, impact and recognition. Credit Suisse's Associates assume a high degree of responsibility for both project management and client relationship building through a wide array of activities.
There will be a mix of origination and execution work within the Real Estate team across different products (but with a centre of gravity around the core M&A and ECM products).
Main activities/duties of the role:
- Production of pitches - works with Analysts and Vice Presidents to produce well-argued presentations and thorough analysis. Intimate involvement in design and structure of presentation. Writing reports, internal liaison and participation in internal team and external client meetings
- Developing complex financial models. Working with clients to develop inputs and modelling approach and using output to draw conclusions and make recommendations (modelling, analysis, internally, client liaison)
- Involvement in dealing with clients on detailed, day-to-day aspects of a transaction (telephone/face-to-face)
- Liaises with advisors, lawyers, accountants and other counter parties to produce prospectuses and other legal documentation (telephone contact, negotiating)
- Produces documents for internal approval processes (writing reports and analyses and presenting internally)
- Prior Investment Banking experience at the Associate level
- Excellent modelling and technical skill set
- You should have an analytical mind set and solid numeracy skills
- An understanding of investment banking products (M&A, DCM, ECM etc.)
- Experience of the Real Estate sector, products and markets
- Ability to absorb dynamic and complex general, product and institution specific developments that are driving individual banks capital and funding needs
- You should be able to produce technically excellent written materials - prospectuses, credit committee, investment banking committee memos, client pitches
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, able to multi-task and plan ahead
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to liaise with clients
- Able to present in a measured, clear, articulate way
- Able to work fairly autonomously with limited direct supervision, self-reliant, great common sense
- Excellent project management skills
- Degree in Business or Finance desirable
Closing date: 20th June 2018