IBCM, Corporate Lending, Lawyer - Leverage Finance and Sponsors Group, AVP, London #107868
A rare opportunity has arisen for an NQ+ finance lawyer to join the EMEA corporate lending team of a leading investment bank. This is a new front office role and you will work closely with other lawyers and bankers to identify and manage legal and commercial risks and facilitate transaction execution.
The corporate lending team is responsible for negotiating and executing the bank's lending activities across EMEA, as well as working closely with the New York office on cross-border deals. There is a weighting towards leveraged finance but the team is also responsible for bilateral and syndicated corporate facilities, investment grade acquisition financings, structured and asset financings and emerging markets transactions.
You will support senior lawyers and bankers across the full spectrum of loan transactions throughout their life cycle. You will negotiate and advise on certain legal documents autonomously and will review and advise on more complex documents under supervision.
The role will require you to seek and manage input from various internal stakeholders (including syndication, legal, credit, portfolio management, agency, tax and operations) and to liaise with external counsel. Strong communication, process management and interpersonal skills are important. Training and support will be provided with the intention that the successful candidate quickly develops the maturity and experience to lead transactions.
- You will have a solid technical understanding of syndicated lending and an appetite to develop commercial decision-making skills.
- Previous exposure to leveraged finance and an in-house environment would be advantageous.
- Given the breadth of the team's activities, the role will suit you if you have a sincere interest in finance and want to develop your skill-set across a variety of lending products.
- You should be able to work fairly autonomously with limited direct supervision, self-reliant, great common sense
- A team player - cooperates and communicates at all levels