IBCM, Corporate Lending - Leverage Finance and Sponsors Group, VP, London #108609
An exciting opportunity has become available in the busy front office of a leading investment bank.
- Working in a hybrid transaction management/legal role this position will support the bank's leveraged finance business as part of a dedicated execution group. As one of a small group of lawyers you will work closely with the bankers to identify and manage risk, provide commercially focused legal advice and facilitate transaction execution.
- You will be working on a high volume of transactions across the full breadth of the leveraged finance product range, including loans, bridge facilities and high yield bonds, within EMEA and cross-border.
- In addition to execution, you will be involved in the full lifecycle of deals which will require you to advise on structuring and pitching, distribution issues as well as portfolio management after the deal has closed. You will be expected to advise upon and negotiate all the legal documentation relevant in a leveraged finance business.
- You will liaise with the syndication, legal (both internal and external), credit (and other approvals), portfolio, agency, tax and operations divisions and will have a high level of autonomy on transactions.
- You will come from a leading law firm and have experience of transacting with top-tier private equity sponsors. Some in-house experience would be useful, particularly exposure to execution teams.
- You should be between 3 and 6 years qualified
- Experience in Leveraged Finance is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills, and the ability to multi-task and plan ahead
- You should be able to present in a measured, clear, articulate way
- Be a great teammate - cooperates and communicates at all levels
Closing Date: 5th March 2018