IA - Treasury - Senior Auditor - AVP
Description Function background/context:
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19029832
Internal Audit (IA) is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 160 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. IA is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide to drive positive change and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe. Job Purpose:
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
Citigroup's Corporate Treasury function is a component of the company's Finance Organization. Corporate Treasury is tasked with controlling the risks associated with managing the Groups liquidity, funding, interest rate risk in the accrual portfolio, funds-transfer-pricing, capital and investments that make up the Groups high quality liquid assets and liquidity buffer. Strong management of these risks is vital for the long-term viability of Citi and is a key focus of regulators in all countries. Key Responsibilities:
• As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance.
• Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
• Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business.
• Performs moderately complex audits related to Consumer or Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; or supplier management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions.
• Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs.
• Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
• Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
• Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
• Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope.
• Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business.
• Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing. Qualifications Knowledge, skills and experience required:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
• Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables.
• Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of Corporate Treasury, in an investment bank or a broker dealer business.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer