IA - Treasury - Audit Manager - VP
Description Function background/context:
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19029845
Internal Audit (IA) is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 160 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. IA is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide to drive positive change and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe. Job Purpose:
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
Citigroup's Corporate Treasury function is a component of the company's Finance Organization. Corporate Treasury is tasked with controlling the risks associated with managing the Groups liquidity, funding, interest rate risk in the accrual portfolio, funds-transfer-pricing, capital and investments that make up the Groups high quality liquid assets and liquidity buffer. Strong management of these risks is vital for the long-term viability of Citi and is a key focus of regulators in all countries. Key Responsibilities:
• Develops and executes a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
• Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting.
• Manages audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan.
• Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams.
• Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology.
• Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals. Recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams, and manages a budget. Possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including: Consumer or Investment Banking, technology management; project/program management; regulatory compliance or supplier management.
• Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff.
• Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses.
• Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach.
• Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners. May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed.
• Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
• Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model.
• Participates in major business initiatives and pro-actively advises and assists the business on change initiatives.
• Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues. Analyses reporting findings; Recommends appropriate interventions where needed. Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
• Serves as lead reviewer for all types of reviews.
• Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries. Qualifications Knowledge, skills and experience required:
• BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus.
• Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
• Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid understanding of Corporate Treasury, especially those associated with investment banking and the broker dealer business.
• Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment.
• Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
• Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer