A multi-billion $ hedge fund who invest across a broad array of geographies and products is looking to add to their team as part of an expansion effort in London. The company manage $12bn+ and have a global presence of 300 people, 70 of which are based in its London office.
This is a varied role, with responsibilities involving trading desk support, pricing and valuations. You will have direct contact with a variety of parties and work in a close-knit Middle Office team to ensure that all day to day duties and controls are covered across offices. The role provides visibility to a range of investments and will provide substantial opportunities for personal growth and development.
- Work with trading desks and third-party fund administrator to price the book on a monthly basis.
- Work with external pricing vendors to enhance third party valuation support.
- Assist with daily, monthly and ad-hoc reporting to the PMs.
- Execution of repo and reverse repo trades to cover short positions on the book and to source liquidity.
- Assist with Valuation Committee material generation.
- Provide oversight of daily checks, documentation and process controls.
- Ensuring trade allocations are entered per PM instructions and completing associated control checks.
- Identify high touch events and escalate appropriately.
- Adhere to new policies, procedures and internal controls as business invests in new assets or geographies.
- Provide support on restructurings and other Asset Servicing events.
- Involvement in strategic initiatives, particularly with a focus on automating manual processes and improving efficiency.
- Interface and develop internal relationships with Accounting, Tax, Treasury, and BDIR functions on ad-hoc related tasks and requests.
- A number of years of prior experience at a Hedge Fund, Asset Manager and/or Global Bank; within a Trade Assistant / Valuation and/ or Product Control function is strongly preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Excel. Knowledge of Bloomberg, Advent Geneva portfolio management.
- Strong product knowledge (Equities, FX, Fixed Income, CDS, Bank Debt, Repos).