Working for a boutique bank, you will be required to execute both IT and operational audits.
My client, a boutique retail and corporate bank, is looking to hire a hybrid auditor to join their small team. Your role will be split 70/30 across operational and IT audits, with the expectation that you will have prior IT audit experience, in the form of ITGC’s or applications.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Execute audits at the direction of the Head of Audit, with the role eventually developing into one where you own the IT audit universe
- Own relationships with the relevant business stakeholders
- Audits will cover a range of operations, but a sample could be IT Department, Information Security, Bank's Residential Mortgages, Corporate and Commercial Lending activities
- Business applications and system access rights are included in the scope of all operational activities
- Manage each project on a paperless basis using TeamMate
- Carry out all work in accordance with the standards in the Audit manual
- Working papers should be sufficiently detailed as to provide evidence to support factual issues raised in reports
- Make a constructive contribution to the preparation of the annual audit plan. This includes being aware of the current themes from Regulations, identification of areas/activities where a review could add value to the bank and highlighting during the year potential 'pressure points' within the organisation
- As required prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for CEO/GHOA/Management Committee/Audit & Compliance Committee
The role will suit an individual who has knowledge of financial services IT systems and financial services activities, but equally important, is an individual with an intellectual curiosity to understand the business.