Human Resources Generalist - Associate - London
- Competitive base + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Dec 17 2017-12-15
The role encompasses an operational dimension which will involve varied HR responsibilities whilst working closely with colleagues in London, Hong Kong and New York to ensure a high quality and consistent service is provided to the business globally. The incumbent will act as a trusted support and advisor to both the IB HR team and IB business management. They will specifically work closely with the COO and senior bankers to provide support and advice to the broader business across the full range of HR disciplines.
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm, has served companies and investors for over 50 years. Headquartered in New York, with offices in over 30 cities around the world, the firm provides clients with capital markets and financial advisory services, institutional brokerage and securities research, as well as wealth management. The firm provides research and execution services in equity, fixed income, and foreign exchange markets, as well as a full range of investment banking services including underwriting, mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and recapitalization, and other advisory services, with all businesses operating in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
The successful candidate will be part of the HR team for Investment Banking, Europe with a total population size of approximately 200 and will have responsibility for providing a proactive and high quality HR service to the business.
The role encompasses an operational dimension which will involve varied HR responsibilities whilst working closely with colleagues in London, Hong Kong and New York to ensure a high quality and consistent service is provided to the business globally.
The incumbent will act as a trusted support and advisor to both the IB HR team and IB business management. They will specifically work closely with the COO and senior bankers to provide support and advice to the broader business across the full range of HR disciplines.
- New Hires: Covering all aspects of recruiting, including temporary, permanent and campus activity. Duties will include preparing approval templates, ensuring on-boarding processes have been completed including contract preparation and liaising with the payroll and benefits teams as needed.
- Leavers: Ensure that leavers’ process has been executed including seeking necessary approvals and driving processes to conclusion.
- Management Information: Ensure that PeopleSoft data is maintained at the highest levels of integrity, including updating the weekly staffing plan, creating/ maintaining headcount reports or other such reports as requested by the business
- Employee Relations: assisting / managing ER issues (i.e. performance management, disciplinary processes, redundancies and grievances) in a sensitive and timely manner as directed by IBD HR Lead. Will work in conjunction with our employee legal team but will be expected to take the lead and drive junior processes to successful conclusion
- Compensation: Assisting the Global IB HR team with both Year End and Analyst Year End compensation processes. This may include relevant analysis for the business, advising on process and assisting with annual global benchmarking processes
- Performance Management: Working closely with the Global IB HR Team to ensure the mid and year end ratings process and performance review committees are managed effectively, including managing relevant round tables and/or committee meetings as appropriate.
- Learning and Development: Working with the business to identify and implement global training needs (JEFU) and work with third parties to propose suitable and cost effective solutions. Advise on and prepare training contracts for employees who take out further education qualifications
- Projects: managing ad-hoc projects as required by either IBD HR and/or IBD senior management
- Other: Assist with on-time implementation of all corporate HR initiatives, tailored appropriately to local requirements/business requirements.
The following skills and experience are required for this role:
- Experience of working in Financial / Professional Services.
- Exposure across a broad HR remit as well as proven track record in a support role will be critical.
- Proven ability to gain credibility at all levels quickly; excellent relationship management skills.
- The ability to work independently with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail to meet deadlines is essential.
- Strong communication, numerical skills are a prerequisite.
- Needs to be detailed oriented with a low threshold for errors.
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team, demonstrate initiative and proactively contribute ideas, views and recommendations to the team.
- Professional and adaptable approaches are prerequisites for this role and the jobholder must be able to work with confidential and sensitive information and remain professional at all times.
- Previous experience of working within a global organisation would be advantageous.
- The ability to handle all aspects of HR in support of the business is essential so a pragmatic, results driven and can-do attitude are advantageous
- Intermediate (pivots / VLookup) proficiency on Excel is a must.