A new opportunity for an Alternative Hedge Fund C# and SQL Developer has become available at a London-based Hedge Fund, backed by a Sovereign Wealth Fund. The current business has performed very well and looking to add to its current IT Development and Infrastructure team, with the opportunity to have direct interaction with the Front Office Trading Business, Operations, Risk Management and Senior Management. The business invest extensively across global credit, equity long/short and event driven special situations to generate alpha for it’s clients and technology is at the heart of supporting the business.
Hedge Fund Software Developer (C#, SQL)
Fixed Term Contract - 4mths* (scope to extend)
Salary - £60,000 to £70,000 + benefits (pro-rata)
Location - London (West End)
The current hedge fund technology infrastructure is built on Microsoft Technologies (.NET, C#, SQL Server, SSRS reporting), and Python to support the Portfolio/Order Management System and Risk Management.
- The IT Development team is responsible for all the internal and vendor systems. The team caters for development requirements from all business areas. This includes day-to- day maintenance, integrations, and new developments with several planned for 2021.
- The Development team’s vision is to provide a robust, flexible and scalable operating platform where users can leverage on technology to improve investment management analysis and operational processes.
- The team is collaborative, innovative and engages in continuous improvements to technology infrastructure following best industry practises and partner with portfolio managers and traders. The business structure is flat and collaborative by nature and well suited to a technology developer with a direct interest in the front end business.
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is looking to cover a team member who is planning to take shared parental leave from April 2021, twinned with a major system migration is also planned for H2 in 2021. The Hedge Fund C# and SQL Developer will be crucial in providing direct cover and assisting in the planning of the strategic system migration for the London Office.
Core Responsibilities & Deliverables - Hedge Fund C# & SQL Developer
- Direct C# development, maintenance and supporting key business systems, primarily across the front end Portfolio Management System (PMS) and Trading Operations.
- Provide direct support across core trade operations processes; and PMS – maintain and develop portfolio management system interfaces.
- Development of code for new processes to add or improve functionality and automation.
- Review daily production process: ensure all tasks run as expected, monitor exceptions, and address any issues in a timely fashion across the IT development team.
- Additional exposure to Risk Management and Trading to supporting planning and migration projects for 2021.
Prerequisite requirements and experience;
- Solid practical C# experience, (full development life cycle), with minimum 5 years experience gained within the Hedge Fund and Investment Management market being essential.
- Advanced T-SQL and good database development skills.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) experience, developing user interfaces as part of .Net frameworks.
- Python – development of libraries like Pandas.
- Sound understanding of Portfolio and Investment Management core concepts (trades, positions, PnL and products including Fixed Income, Equity and Credit Derivatives ), this will be covered at screening and interview stage. Applicants are asked to clearly highlight knowledge and understanding when applying.
- Portfolio Management Systems experience in Front Arena, SS&C Advent Geneva, Eze, Enfusion, Murex, Calypso, Sophis, Imagine, Tradar, etc), either in a Developer or Technical Support capacity will be highly advantageous.
- Fix Protocol and Messaging experience and SSRS.
- Excellent system analysis and design skills, with the ability to communicate clearly with cross functional stakeholders both verbal and written.
- Education - Degree (preferably MSc) in software development or scientific subject.
This is an excellent opportunity to support a growing Alternative Hedge Fund in London, with initial 4 month fixed term contract offer with potential to extend further and scope to convert to a permanent position.
A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer and the position is suited to hedge fund developer with extensive experience development experience in C#, SQL Server and front end PMS platforms.
The opportunity to support the business directly, apply technical skills coupled with be at the heart of supporting key execution decisions is rare and the book work is wide ranging when supporting a small and nibble fund in London’s West End.
**Applicants are asked to clearly demonstrate direct and applicable development experience from a hedge/investment fund background and the client is looking to start interviewing and onboard to ensure effective handover with current incumbent.
Please do apply early to avoid disappoint and suitable applicants will be invited to meet our client.
*Role location / work environment - Remote Working is available and long term plan is to have the team back in the London Office once it is safe to do so.