My client is a Global Investment Bank based in London. They are looking for a VP to join their team providing Counterparty Risk for Hedge Funds.
- The role is for a Vice President within the Global Hedge Fund Risk Group who will support both the Prime Clearing, OTC principal, and other teams in their activities with hedge funds
- The primary purpose of the role is to provide counterparty risk management for hedge funds and proprietary trading groups to accommodate and facilitate the Bank’s business with hedge fund and PTG counterparties.
- The incumbent would be part of the London office of a global hedge fund team responsible for covering global hedge fund risk: specifically, hedge funds primarily engaged in trading OTC and listed derivatives, managing the risk of financing facilities for funds of funds and structured hedge fund-linked derivatives.
- The role requires a person with good knowledge and experience of the risks associated with OTC derivatives, secured lending, fund-linked structured products, prime services and the custody business with hedge funds. In addition to the ability to form, defend, and enforce a risk judgement based upon an independent opinion in a context that may require a rapid conclusion under pressure.
- The role will also require the incumbent to participate in, and contribute to, transformational projects relating to the ongoing evolution of the team in line with its core development goals
- The VP will have responsibility for recommending credit limits and internal ratings and the approval of certain types of trades within delegated credit approval authority (where applicable).
- In addition, the independent opinions of the analyst will be accounted for in a wide array of difficult, complex, hedge fund risk issues.
- The incumbent will also be responsible for developing, testing and delivering solutions relating to assigned projects and goals.
- Preferably experience in hedge fund credit or investment risk.
- Good knowledge of hedge fund industry in Europe.
- Knowledge of OTC and listed derivative products and drivers of associated risks.
- Some knowledge of hedge fund structured products, including CPPI, leveraged facilities, and prepaid forward transactions would be advantageous.
- Good analytical/statistics skills; the person should understand means, standard deviations, correlation, normal distributions, sampling error, and basic performance statistics for the fund industry.
- Experience reading and understanding detailed covenants and clauses in legal documentation such as ISDAs, GTBs, GMRAs, term sheets, prospectuses etc.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel, database, VBA, and Word skills highly desirable.
- Self-starter able to meet deadlines and work independently as well as contribute to HPC team goals when required.
- Good communication skills
- Articulate orally and in written form.
- Be comfortable meeting with very experienced hedge fund managers in person, be presentable, and be respectful.
- Fluent English
- Other European language skills an advantage