London based Hedge Fund running approx. AuM $200M, is looking for a Junior Operations hire to join the firm and report to the COO. This is an excellent opportunity to gain a varied and diverse role from day 1 with full training and support provided from the outset.
The firm launched two years ago and have run a number of high profile campaigns which have received significant market attention. The firm are looking to expand as they move to the next stage in their development.
The role requires the individual to be extremely motivated and dedicated, taking a hands on approach to all areas of operations and wider support across the fund. The right candidate will also have an inquisitive mindset, curious to understand the mechanics of how everything works across the trade flow and inspired to grow with the fund.
Responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Assistance with all day-to-day operating activities and projects non-investment
- Support of the full front to back trade flow
- Working with investment/front office and supporting trade execution
- Trade booking, reconciliation, investigation, P&L reporting and NAV calculation
- Cash management and FX
- Corporate Actions
- Supporting BD/IR with bespoke reporting and data requests
- Fees, expenses and fund budgeting
- Client subscriptions / redemptions
- Build relationships with key vendors including prime brokers and fund administrators
- Project work across operational efficiency, controls, regulation change and ultimately supporting the fund as it continue to scale
Experience in Financial Services is required, either Investment Bank, Asset Management, Brokerage or a Hedge Fund in either internship, industrial placement or 1-2 years post grad experience. Academics to include University Degree or Apprentice program in financial services.