- Compile intra-month IFRS profit and loss reporting.
- Analysis of new trades to determine appropriate accounting treatment under IAS39.
- Identification, designation and documentation of micro hedge accounting relationships.
- Retrospective and prospective testing of hedge accounting relationships to ensure compliance with IAS39.
- Investigation into hedge ineffectiveness on new and existing hedge accounting relationships.
- Ensuring the appropriate accounting treatment of existing hedge accounting relationships.
- Continual assessment of the control environment, involving the design and implementation of control reports where applicable.
- Continual improvement of existing IT processes to enhance the efficiency of the team’s activities.
- Ad hoc work/projects as required, particularly at month end.
- Adapting to change and uncertainty
- Attention to detail
- Team working and coaching
- Providing excellent customer service
- Clear and regular communication with stakeholders
- Ability to manage change
KEY KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Ability to work and communicate well in a team
- Willingness to proactively interact with other areas of finance and the business to communicate issues affecting other areas
- Capacity to continually raise, challenge and resolve issues as and when they arise
- Qualified accountant
- Good knowledge of banking products and the accounting for financial instruments
- Strong understanding of IAS 39, especially hedge accounting rules and application.
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel