Head of Voice Services – Customer Services Technology
- Up to £100,000 plus benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- McCabe & Barton
- 21 Apr 19
The Head of Voice Services for Customer Services will report to the CIO and will be responsible for articulating the vision, technology and architecture of voice services across the estate; leading the provisioning, deployment, tuning and support of platforms, systems and technology ecosystems that comprise voice services/applications. Locations: London, Edinburgh, Telford, Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds. Other locations maybe considered for the right candidate and UK travel will be required
This is an exciting time for IT in HM Revenue & Customs, as they continue to implement bold plans to transform their IT and Digital Services. HMRC is becoming one of the most digital organisations in the UK and the plan is to be much bolder: by 2020 they will be one of the most digitally-advanced tax authorities in the world.
They have a massive challenge: they need to bring in more tax, reduce costs and improve the experience for customers. To do this, they are using smart data analysis and innovative IT systems to ensure that customers get their tax affairs right from the outset - and they are radically improving the technology they use to do this work.
The Head of Voice Services for Customer Services will report to the CIO and will be responsible for articulating the vision, technology and architecture of voice services across the estate; leading the provisioning, deployment, tuning and support of platforms, systems and technology ecosystems that comprise voice services/applications.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Designing, implementing and optimising supporting voice technology including CTI, IVR, automation, NLP, call routing, smart assistant, voice biometrics and workflow/workforce management systems.
• Providing day to day support to operational areas. This will include proactive full threat management lifecycle oversight, including end of life and single failure management, and associated budget.
• Directing the selection and implementation of upgrades, repairs, modifications and replacements of information security devices and software. Ensuring appropriate mechanisms are in place to control physical access to IT assets is vital.
• Partnering extensively and cross functionally with line of business leaders; ensuring alignment to all business objectives; clearly defining strategic choices; successfully communicating grounded recommendations; influencing upwards and laterally and being credible in front of senior stakeholders in setting out compelling opportunities into scalable delivery models.
• Leading, motivating, developing and appraising senior digital technology leaders to ensure individual and collective performance meets current and future business needs.
• Develop a long term vision through organisational capability building and establish effective delivery models.
• Influence or create complex budgets, prioritising spending based on return on investment (ROI) and strategic intent; this may include contract ownership and accountability for realisation of benefits.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an inspirational leader with management experience delivering customer centric projects and programmes.
You will also demonstrate:
• Broad and versatile knowledge in multiple aspects of voice services technology, supported by the ability to identify, design and deploy optimal technology solutions within customer facing environments.
• Extensive knowledge of technologies, applications and processes required to successfully deliver technical services supporting voice. To include demonstrable success implementing and optimising workflow/workforce management solutions.
• Understanding of micro-service architecture and API strategies/platforms.
• Understanding and influencing of business and digital engagement strategy. Able to develop long-term vision and objectives.
• Leadership with strategic influencing skills, strong decision making, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, effective relationship building skills (internal and external), and the ability to coordinate several activities and priorities simultaneously.
• The ability to influence or create budgets that are complex, developing business cases that demonstrate a value driven approach to transformation. Capability to prioritise spending based on ROI and strategic intent.
• Consistent track record in building and developing teams - this will include initiating and delivering change, engendering a common culture, developing leadership and management capability to deliver sustainable performance. Shown success through inspirational leadership with a clear track record of delivering excellent performance together with an ability to attract and integrate new people / teams into a specialist skills-based organisation.
• Senior stakeholder management skills. Understanding and working in partnership with the business to drive transformation and organisational change. Influential presentation and communication skills with ability to interact across all levels of management and external suppliers.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by the closing date of 12th May.
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further please contact Justin Frankum on 0207 7963218