Chirag Raichura (FINANCE)
Global Investment Bank is currently hiring for a Head of Valuation Control for their Hong Kong team and will manage a team of 8 controllers responsible for valuation of all fair valued products traded on the Hong Kong balance sheet. This is a newly created position and we are looking for a candidate currently in a junior-mid director level within valuation control. It is essential that the candidate has strong equity derivatives valuation experience.
- Responsible for the production through a team of controllers for
- All IPV, FVA and Prudent Valuation (PVA) balances
- Methodologies and documentation
- Monitoring model restrictions and recommendations
- Levelling returns
- Large / Structured Trade Reviews
- Ensure that the governance and controls of fair value is adhered to. Prepare for and contribute to the valuation committees that opine on fair value for the business areas concerned
- Drive the methodology and implementation of FVAs, IPV and PVA changes, keep abreast of industry information, engage the business on all valuation matters and be the principle contact for internal and external audit
- Ensure internal Valuation requirements and other applicable accounting / regulatory standards are met. Liaise with Internal/External audit and regulators where necessary.
- Identify, communicate and drive resolution of issues; whether people, process or system
- Maintain focus on process optimization and identify opportunities to enhance cost efficiency where possible (e.g. automation, outsourcing, centralisation etc)
- Review results of other daily control such as off-market rates checking, collateral disputes and permitted instrument monitoring to form an opinion on our valuation
- Proven Valuation Control experience across multiple asset class including strong experience in Equity Derivatives Valuation – Essential
- Experience in managing and leading a valuation control team
- Strong understanding of Financial Markets, risks and changing regulatory environment (products traded, associated risks (including the greeks) and their life cycle, accounting principles, Valuation techniques)
- Masters Degree in a Mathematics, Physics, Engineering subject or CFA Qualified
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with people across location and from different backgrounds
- Advanced MS Excel, Python, or other Data Science tools
This role involves regular interaction with front office heads and other business leads across the globe so it is essential that you have strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills. The role is open to candidates who are willing to re-locate to Hong Kong and provides a clear progression path to a regional head role in the future.