Head of UK Non-Life & Bermuda
Description About this role About BlackRock
BlackRock (BLK) is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. As of March 31, 2021, BlackRock's AUM was in excess of $9 trillion. The firm has a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company's website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock Business Unit Overview:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with BlackRock's global financial institutions clients which include insurance companies, banks, and other financial firms. We pride ourselves on creating and delivering bespoke investment solutions, advisory, and analysis to our sophisticated client base. The group is one of the industry's largest managers of insurance company assets, and our insurance practice is a strategic focus of the firm.
- The team in EMEA more than 25 professionals with different backgrounds and expertise in the many functions that, combined, make this effort successful. These include relationship management, markets, sales, strategy, regulatory, client service, and product development next to comprehensive insurance knowledge. The global FIG team has over 80 dedicated professionals.
- FIG EMEA operates as part of a global FIG, which is the insurance specialised centre of excellence that delivers BlackRock's differentiated strategy and global platform to Insurers. The team maintains relationships with the firm's insurance clients (with total general account AUM of c$450BN, as part of a total Insurance AUM of more than $1T); and is on course to continue growing at over 10% p.a.
- The expectations for the business are such that the team is passionate about first class client coverage as well as further improving, evolving and developing existing relationships. This new role provides an opportunity for an individual to become an important member of a growing team, helping to shape the strategic direction of part of the business.
- Primary responsibility for delivering business growth and developing a specific client coverage strategy within the UK non-life and Bermudan-linked segments within FIG EMEA
- Originate business expansion opportunities by cultivating existing relationships with senior client stakeholders in the relevant organisations
- Help create market leading content and have the ability to operate as a subject matter expert within the segments
- Engage with internal product development stakeholders to ensure that BlackRock's product and solutions offering remain market leading within the segments
- Develop the partnership between FIG and its internal business stakeholders to improve delivery of operational projects, improve the client service offering and overall quality of delivery for clients
- Responsible for timely internal and external updates on client and regulatory developments, client earnings and other results
- Prior engagement with insurance regulatory eco-system would be advantageous
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.