Head of Trade, Europe
A bank with a soul
We are a global bank which is big enough to be relevant to the world's most sophisticated corporations but small enough to be local, nimble and innovate. We tap into our DNA as a global trade bank, committing to the dynamic markets where we have operated for over 150 years. We link these markets with each other, as well as to Europe and the Americas, to help our corporate and institutional clients manage their global investing and financing needs. In addition, we use our deep knowledge in local markets to help our customers and clients grow, invest and protect their wealth.
We believe that every one of our colleagues plays a tangible role in delivering our purpose and we all feel strongly about living our valued behaviours and our brand promise - Here for good. Our unrivalled network and unique culture make this organisation special, and creates opportunities for unparalleled career and development experiences. The success of the Bank hinges on how we harness our unique strengths, create an inclusive and flexible environment, and where our people feel empowered to use the freedom and accountability that we give them to go above and beyond for our customers. What is the Opportunity?
The Head of Trade, Europe will have an instrumental role in ensuring that Transaction Banking activities are grounded in the Bank's strategic priorities through delivering customer value, driving productivity, optimizing cost efficiencies, facilitating #simplefasterbetter, and living the valued behaviours. This role requires individuals who can provide strategic leadership, influence and align ambitious agendas and priorities whilst driving effective execution through skilled, engaged teams.
The role is accountable for development of European product strategy, its execution and commercialization, aligned to clear, simple and robust product universe governance and product risk lifecycle management. What will you do? Strategy
• Lead the consulting and discovery analysis of client needs, both met and unmet, integrating these insights with current and near future market, industry and network intelligence.
• Within the market, drive the Global Product Vision and Strategy and articulates the business value of the product suite for our clients and for our stakeholders. Financial Management - Product P/L Management
• Deliver new revenue streams with meaningful returns over the long term, through product enhancement and innovation, whilst uplifting current revenue streams through process efficiencies and digitization.
• Manage both cost and investment of product build, from reduction of unit cost of product to optimization of launch/go-to-market cost for products.
• Lead process design work with Operations, Technology and other function partners with the aim of translating process optimization to bottom line cost control with a high degree of reliability. Market Management & Commercialization
• Identify new business opportunities and revenue pools whilst articulating how the product capabilities can solve for client needs and requirements
• Develop a product commercialization plan which integrates product positioning with client value propositions all adapted to the industries and markets of our clients.
• Work closely with Global Product Heads to develop the Product Landscape: based on data and business intelligence from various sources including sales, clients and competitive market analysis Product Digital Journey & Efficiency
• Deliver the product digitization agenda (product, process and platforms) with Transaction Banking Digital and Data team in conjunction with global stakeholders. Processes & Implementation
• Work with and through Implementation Head to ensure successful and smooth implementation of product solutions, conducting post implementation review analysis through client feedback and incorporates good practices in subsequent implementations. What do you need to succeed?
• Live the Valued Behaviours of "Do the right thing", "Never settle" and "Better Together" on a day-to-day basis whilst seeking opportunities for self-development and growth
• Be an inspirational people leader who looks for opportunities to grow others, develop talent, give clarity and guidance, drive purpose, and enhance decision quality across the team
• Be a leader who helps to grow the Bank, harnessing a strategic mindset and the ability to navigate complex situations and ambiguity