Harrington Starr are currently working with a leading Capital Markets trading organisation who are currently seeking a Head of Technology to help lead their firm they prepare for digital transformation and a decentralisation of assets, to help reengineer their UK Business as well as drive through a build of a new global platform.
In this role you will be reporting to the Global CTO, where your role will include managing the Development Team, the Application Support as well as overall responsibility for 3rd Party Vendor relationships. You will have overall operational technology responsibility and will be key to driving through the overall strategy.
In this role your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Advise and support the CTO in their wider role by overseeing and contributing to the development of the strategic plan, performance management, professionalism, corporate communications, stakeholder management and other high-level strategic functions.
- Manage key IT deliverables up to date, including the management of actions and outcomes from strategic boards, whilst ensuring relationships and contracts are maintained with external vendors
- Formulate and implement the IT strategy aligned to the business goals
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with key stakeholders Head of Risk and Head of Trading to provide effective IT support to the business and to ensure IT strategy meets their needs and expectations
- Define and manage roadmaps and visions for each product set under their control in conjunction with other stakeholders
- Understand and support the data requirements of the business & prioritise the development of appropriate tools.
- Managing multiple technology stacks and ensure compatibility with all products and versions
- Proactively ensure that the systems are upgraded to ensure we always work within a supported lifecycle/support contract
- Manage third party vendors to achieve service levels and deliverables within budgetary constraints
- Overseeing large scale IT transformation/restructuring
- Overseeing & managing third party infrastructure hosting and service desk provision
- Software/hardware standardisation, roll-out and deployment
- Ensure incident/request/change management processes are adhered to
- Developing and maintaining an annual operating IT plan
- Ensure IT investment and development are regularly reviewed, prioritised and clearly communicated and understood within the business
- Lead and develop the IT team talent
- Ongoing review of new technologies, digital trends and best practice; identify opportunities for process improvement and cost efficiency
- Ensure applications provide appropriate support to all areas of the business, allowing reliable, timely and detailed information to business managers
- Manage and control departmental expenditure within agreed budgets
- Ensure the IT environment is secure, and that data is adequately protected from accidental or deliberate loss or misuse.
The successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 10-15yrs either in Capital Markets, Financial Trading, Investment Banking, Commodities Trading environment
- Experience in senior leadership in a Technology role
- Experience managing a Development Team, Application Support Team and Managing 3rd Party Vendor Relationships
- Strong People and Stakeholder Management Skills
- Proven track record of developing and implementing effective IT strategies and replacing and upgrading applications in a highly customised and complex environment
- Strong working knowledge of the IT components of an international multi-channel business
- Experience of business process engineering principles and processes
- Familiarity with and the ability to apply key project management principles
- Ability to work with users to create business improvement IT solutions
- Successful track record of giving advice on complex or sensitive issues and driving & embracing change in a political environment at both departmental and senior level.
- Experience working as part of a senior management team and able to demonstrate and contribute to senior cohesiveness with proven leadership and excellent team management skills, with the ability to stimulate thinking and action in others.