To own the firm's global tax affairs, tax compliance and risk management for tax exposures, and to advise the CFO and Group Executive Committee on tax matters. To own the firm's global treasury, banking, debt and FX hedging facilities and to advise the CFO and Group Executive Committee on these matters.
- Ensure the Group meets and maintains all compliance requirements across all the relevant taxes, including corporation tax, indirect tax, transfer pricing and employment taxes.
- Manage group effective tax rate, and review, propose and implement tax-planning opportunities to reduce corporate tax rates, minimise indirect taxes and reduce risk to the Group.
- Own the preparation of statutory accounts disclosure notes in relation to tax.
- Oversee and review VAT compliance.
- Manage transfer pricing policy, documentation, benchmarking and interest charging position.
- Develop and maintain a tax strategy that supports the business's strategic objectives.
- Implement an effective tax structure across the group, using a combination of internal resource and external advisors.
- Initiate and develop effective and strategic management of the group's intellectual property from a tax perspective.
- Provide day to day tax advice for the business using professional advisors when required.
- Deal with overseas Tax Authorities both in real time working relationships and in response to enquiries and audits
- Develop and maintain treasury governance and risk management framework including market risk management.
- Oversight of the client money, office and regulatory capital accounts.
- Conducting and building controls of various different processes and rules around the Treasury operations.
- Oversight of the income hedging facilities and hedging programme.
- Oversight of the debt facilities and servicing of debt.
- Development and tracking of Treasury KPIs and monthly cash flow reporting pack.
- Development of optimal working capital requirements and projections.
- Manage banking relationships.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience
- Qualified tax professional
- Knowledge of financial services
- Financial services industry experience essential (insurance experience desirable)
- In house tax advisory experience desirable
- Experience in a mid-large corporate business (accounting firm or in-house) essential