Head of Soft Commodity Desk
Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today's volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with large derivatives brokerage based in London looking to hire a senior soft commodity broker to establish and develop a softs desk/team. Key Responsibilities / Tasks
Key Qualifications / Experience
- Responsible for building and developing a soft commodity execution book (sugar, coffee, cocoa, etc.) establishing the company in the softs market.
- Use key business development techniques and regularly meet with clients to develop new relationships and services the existing client base, building out on the already strong agricultural team.
- Have your team act as the main resource for clients and customers updating them with key information, gaps in the market and potential prospects.
- Initially focus on developing the execution business posting good revenues for phase one, phase two will centre on building out the team to further increase market coverage.
- Role reports into the Global Head of Client Sales and CEO
- 6+ years' experience on a derivative broking platform focusing on soft commodity products (sugar, coffee, cotton, cocoa, rubber etc.)
- Transferable portfolio of clients for execution business within the soft commodity space is key, (client is highly interested in developing clearing lines on good counterparties once book is established)
- Fundamental understanding of the derivative soft commodity market and related products both on the OTC market and exchanges is central to the role.
- Must have a good network of clients who trust and utilise you as the main resource for both market and product information as well as being able to execute business.
- Located in the UK, London, or happy to relocate