Head of Shipping Finance
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
As part of this expansion, this market leader in shipping, is seeking to recruit an experienced Head of Shipping Finance to join their finance team. This is an exciting position in a secure global business, which continually leads its industry.
One of the world’s largest leading privately-owned shipping companies with a recognised reputation for performance excellence, is expanding its London Operations.
The company is headquartered in London with representative offices in New York, Shanghai, Japan, Norway and India.
The Role – Head of Shipping Finance
Key Areas of Focus
- Manage and maintain existing banking relationships.
- Develop new sources of funding.
- Negotiate new loans and overseeing all aspects of the loan lifecycle.
- Ensure compliance with all current covenants.
- Bank presentations.
Capital Structure and Funding
- Manage and maintain existing commercial banking relationships as well as develop new sources of financing.
- Negotiate new loan term sheets consistent with current practice.
- Manage the loan portfolio throughout the loan lifecycle and ensuring compliance with all covenants.
- Assisting with presenting the group’s financials to new and existing banking relationships.
Cash and Liquidity Management
- Balance sheet analysis, in accordance with the risk appetite, policies, strategies and future plans set by the CFO/Shipping Board.
- Proactively manage liquidity by determining daily cash requirements among multiple companies, banks and accounts and sign off on repayment and borrowing from the facility.
- Manage intercompany loans covering liquidity management and settlement of I/C trading balances.
- Manage global banking operations including account openings and updates
- Manage bank portal access and entitlements of global bank accounts.
Financial Risk Management
- Responsible for treasury risk management including internal operation risk and external compliance risk control.
- Preparation of Board level cash and other risk management reporting.
- Ensure compliance with Treasury controls.
Seeking to appoint a Head of Shipping Finance who will build confidence and trust with key internal and external stakeholders. The broader culture is described as open, direct, team oriented, low ego, apolitical, hands-on, entrepreneurial and long-term focused. They will be able to move quickly between the strategic level and rolling up their sleeves. They will operate with the highest integrity.
- Senior finance leadership role of similar scale with demonstrated expertise in:
- International Treasury operations.
- Risk management.
- Establishing and maintaining global banking relationships.
- Shipping or similar capital intensive industry experience is a requirement for this role.
- MSc degree in finance / equivalent would be an advantage for this role.