Lead extensive sales organisation (15+ sales people) / Direct responsibility for delivering revenue/profit targets / Key member of leadership team / Direct sales responsibility as well as management / Must have a strong track record in leading, developing and growing subscription sales teams / Background could be in research, technology, data, SaaS...
Drive the team to achieve aggressive bookings targets across different product sets and markets
- Ensure a consistent delivery of new logo bookings across the regions on an annual and quarterly basis.
- Manage a book of business that comprises many of the world’s largest and most demanding investment firms and consultancies.
- Bring new products and services to market and deliver on agreed revenue expectations.
Put in place effective measures to optimise the sales team efficiency. Establish the goals, objectives, measurements and processes that are consistent with driving high performance.
- Adopt a data-driven management approach based on sound metrics.
- Bring a proven and rigorous sales methodology to the company. Create a consistent sales message, value propositions and a ‘voice of brand’ that demonstrates a great understanding of clients’ business goals and potential market objections.
- Build an outstanding account management program that will enable the brand to differentiate from its competitors by delivering a world-class customer experience.
- Develop client relationships at the executive level. Work personally with the sales team on account strategy, prospect management, contract negotiations. Travel where needed to close sales.
Build a high-performance sales environment that is focused on a drive for overachievement.
- Be committed to creating a customer-centric culture that reaches right across the organisation. Use your influence and internal advocacy to always drive a customer-first agenda.
- Grow the team. Ensure that we have a deep bench and strong pipeline of candidates, so we always have sufficient coverage to enable us to hit target. Build an environment which recruits and retains exceptional talent.
- Drive a coaching culture that is focussed on constantly improving, training and developing our people.
- Create a fun, stimulating and high energy workplace that is consistent with the core values.
Lead from the front. Motivate and enthuse the team. Set a vision that inspires everyone and which they can fully support and endorse.
- Be a change agent who can not only build ambitious plans but can also execute them effectively.
- Be the voice of the customer and marketplace. Build feedback channels that provide great market insight back to the business.
- Be an internal lynchpin and build consensus with other business units. Have great peer relationships and ensure frictionless communication between the sales, marketing and research teams.
- Embody the core values
Experience / Qualifications / Education
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate a mix of the following characteristics and experience:
- Can demonstrate a track record of overachievement in businesses of a similar or larger size and complexity.
- Has successfully managed and scaled international sales teams through a period of significant revenue growth (ideally at a financial service, technology or research company). Shows good knowledge of the B2B information sector with a strong focus on subscription-based business models.
- Demonstrates a great understanding of sales methodology particularly around solution selling / value selling. Has successfully implemented new sales process or strategy across a sales organization.
- Has a metrics-driven approach to pipeline management with the ability to confidently forecast results and identify risk. Has experience driving adoption of CRM and the necessary systems to ensure data accuracy.
- Has previous experience building strategy, GTM plans, restructuring teams and introducing new capabilities to a market.
- Shows a great interest in developing people. Understands how to attract, hire, retain and coach the highest performing individuals. Builds close-knit teams.
- Has a good operational understanding of the anatomy of a business, including marketing, finance, research, pricing, and product management. Able to build strategic alignment with these functions.
- Is a proven individual sales performer in his or her own right.
- A charismatic leader with the innate ability to motivate, create loyalty and effectively communicate the company’s vision.
- Can grasp and solve complex business issues quickly and creatively on the one hand; skilled at empathising and building relationships on the other.
- Excellent communication skills: collaborating, negotiating, persuading, public speaking and listening.
- Great decision-making. Understands which choices need to be made quickly to drive the business forwards, and where to take time and analyse options carefully. Takes strategic risks. Is committed to maintaining momentum and avoiding bottlenecks yet is not reckless.
- Has cultural awareness, good business practices and the highest ethical standards, consistent with the policies and values of the company.
- Is a close fit with the organizational culture.