Head of Sales - UK
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Proactive Investors
- 15 Dec 17 2017-12-15
Proactiveinvestors has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. We are now looking for a Sales / Business Development Director to create and build a sales operation and assist in the sales blue-print as we expand overseas. This is an opportunity for an ambitious, entrepreneurial professional looking to step into a senior role.
In the UK alone, there are just over 2,000 publicly quoted companies on the London Stock Exchange, with approximately half quoted on the MAIN Market and half on AIM. Each of these companies have to ensure that their publicly traded stock is being fairly traded through the dissemination of accurate account of their performance that allows investors to determine whether they are a good investment. Proactive Investor Group Holdings Ltd (“Proactiveinvestors” or “Proactive”) is the longest established online platform providing investors with live news and commentary in order to make informed choices.
The Platform serves as a bridge allowing investors to gather market intelligence directly from companies. Proactive has been profitable since start-up ten years ago and has grown impressively to date; it has recently secured significant investment from a venture capital fund.
Proactiveinvestors is now looking for a Sales / Business Development Director to create and build a sales operation and assist in the sales blue-print as we expand overseas. This is an opportunity for an ambitious, entrepreneurial professional looking to step into a senior role.
Proactiveinvestors has been growing steadily and is now seeking to dramatically accelerate growth. UK revenues make up the largest portion of global revenues and as the company expands outside the UK, and into the U.S. in particular, it is essential that this revenue is both preserved and grown. In order to achieve this and release the UK MD to spend more time on product development and global sales, a new position of UK Head of Sales is being created.
In addition to a proven track record as a sales person, it is essential that he/she possesses the innate ability to motivate, train and drive a successful sales team. He/she will be comfortable operating at a senior level both externally and internally and will be able to seamlessly switch between the two. The role will require a “player/coach” approach where the persons is able to both close deals themselves and help unlock any issues to enable team members to close their own deals.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Reporting to the MD UK of Proactiveinvestors, the UK Head of Sales will lead all internal operations and will have the following responsibilities:
- Working with the UK MD to create and oversee the UK sales team and structure
- Developing strategy, tactics, sales plans and profit targets
- Forecasting and reporting on sales targets on a regular basis using Salesforce
- Coaching and mentoring team members to maximise their potential
- Developing relationships with clients and closing deals
- Identifying and reporting on business opportunities in target markets
- Representing the business at networking events
- Maximising new business development opportunities
- Ensuring adoption of global sales processes and use of global CRM
- Maintain and assist in a dialogue and healthy working relationship with counterparts globally to maximise cross selling opportunities
Skills and Experience required
- As a prerequisite, the successful candidate must have a demonstrable, commercial track record of success in sales/business development
- Experienced team builder/leader experience in the financial services sector.
- Experience working with and pitching to board-level clients
- Experience and ability to both lead and build the capabilities of a driven, bright, diverse team.
- A natural and poised communicator, able to quickly establish rapport with other people.
- Understanding of digital media & events and the opportunities within the sector
- Understanding of the equity cash markets, stock markets and exchanges
Additional requirements are:
- Results-proven track record of exceeding goals and evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen.
- Experience in using CRMs, ideally Salesforce
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
If you are interested in this opportunity and fill the requirements, please apply here submitting a copy of your CV.
Deadline for this role is 17 December 2017.