Aviva is the largest General Insurer in the UK serving a wide range of customer needs from highly commoditised motor insurance through to highly specialist corporate products. Aviva has big ambitions for its Personal Lines business that today serves over 5 million customers direct, through price comparison sites, through 6 of the largest bank brands in the UK, and through a large broker network.
The Personal Lines business is focused on providing customers with simple, quick, digital customer experiences and are on a multi-year journey to transform propositions, experiences, and architecture.
This role plays a critical role in the success of Aviva; a leader in the Strategy & Transformation team focused on shaping and driving the future business model. We are looking for a passionate and energetic leader that will obsess over transforming customer experiences, improving business returns and preparing the Retail business for the future. In this role the successful candidate with design customer propositions, lead large virtual teams through to delivery, and oversee £5-10m of direct investment each year.
What does the role involve?
- Driving customer growth, improved profitability, and increased digitisation in Aviva’s Retail business
- Responsible for the design and delivery of new propositions in Aviva’s Retail business (Aviva, QuoteMeHappy, General Accident brands)
- Responsible for the Retail target model design and delivery stream within the overall PL Target Model activity
- Have an absolute customer focus. Using customer insight and data to drive prioritisation, ideation, and designs
- Lead a virtual team of product owners through the delivery of new propositions and the Retail Target Model – balancing prioritisation of resources between streams for the optimum delivery path
- Develop robust delivery plans – including strong 7, 30, 90-day milestone management
- Develop strong benefit cases for investments (over £10m in the next 2 years)
- Reporting of progress to senior stakeholder groups
- Engage across the business to ensure strong stakeholder buy-in, awareness and support for Retail change plans
- Skills & experience we’re looking for:
- Track record of launching and delivering new customer propositions in regulated environments
- Ability to translate high level strategy into structured and detailed implementation plans
- Use of customer insight and data to drive customer experience improvement
- Strong delivery focus – able to manage high volume of deliveries concurrently – balancing priorities and delivering on time/budget
- Experienced leader of complex virtual teams with strong stakeholder management
- Experienced leader of complex projects/programmes, working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver strong outcomes for Retail customers
- Strong commercial acumen with near and long-term business perspective
- Ability to make decisions, use independent judgment, establish priorities, and work effectively on multiple initiatives
- Ability to innovate and challenge within a corporate environment and assist in the clarification of complex issues
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions!
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!