Head of Prudential Policy
Who we're looking for
We're looking for a Head of Prudential Policy to join our Group Regulatory Reporting team. In this role you will lead the Schroders Group Regulatory Reporting function's work on prudential policy.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
The Group Regulatory Reporting team is responsible for submitting all prudential regulatory returns for the consolidated Group (UK CRR) and the solo UK regulated asset management firms (soon to be IFPR / CPM) to the PRA and FCA and for production of associated internal reports.
In recent years, the team has also taken responsibility for the production of capital forecasts on both a BAU and stressed basis, and plays a key role in determining the approach to capital and liquidity management across the group (e.g. policy development). Correspondingly, the team also now has responsibility (with Risk / Treasury) for the production of the Pillar 2 documents (ICAAP / ILAAP / Recovery Plan).
This a new role, within an expanded team, to lead the Schroders Group Regulatory Reporting function's work on prudential policy, working closely with the Pillar 1 and Pillar 2 reporting teams. This is a senior role and we are looking for someone with extensive experience in the CRR / COREP package, with the ability to quickly also become an expert in the other rulebooks that apply to Schroders as a Group.
What you'll do
• lead the Regulatory Reporting team's work on interpretation of all relevant prudential regulatory rules;
• lead and coordinate the team's work on regulatory change;
• take responsibility for the development and upkeep of relevant internal capital and liquidity management policies;
• take the lead on understanding the prudential regulation implications of business change;
• take responsibility for the team's regulatory compliance framework.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
We are looking for a regulatory professional, with experience gained within industry (asset manager or bank) or an audit firm. The role holder will have:
• a deep knowledge of the UK prudential framework, in particular the CRR / COREP suite of reports
• ability to manage projects and implement change;
• ability to develop close and effective working relationships and manage key stakeholders;
What you'll be like
• strong attention to detail and an inquisitive mind;
• ability to work under own initiative;
• strong written and verbal communication skills
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.