A large top tier asset manager is looking to hire a Head of Product Strategy - PE & Infra to come in and help build out their growing range of Private Market Funds to sit alongside the Product Development and Product Specialist teams.
As a leading global asset manager, the firm is dedicated to creating long-term value for clients across a range of products and domiciles. The investment needs of their clients are at the heart of their proposition. They offer a comprehensive range of investment solutions, as well as the very highest level of service and support.
As an Investment Manager with significant private market assets under management and a diverse client base, being one of the largest private market players in Europe, they have built a diverse range of products and capabilities to suit differing client objectives.
The Private Markets Product team is responsible for researching, developing and managing the closed-ended private markets fund ranges which spans Private Equity, Real Assets and Private Credit, totally $67 billion.
The team is structured into three Product Development, Product Strategy and Product Documentation.
Private Markets Product Strategy:
- Working in partnership across Product & Client Solutions, investment teams, distribution and with key external market participants and contacts
- Drive innovation through leveraging internal and external engagement to provide insight to feed new product development discussion
- Oversee market/industry/client in-depth trend analysis and interpretation
- Foster an innovative environment across teams through insight, inclusion and collaboration
- Responsible for agreeing, in partnership with desk heads, the prioritisation of the new product development pipeline
- Help market map and build the strategy and fund range to raise signifant capital over the next 3 years
- Ensure new concepts are appropriately tested with target end clients, and other appropriate market participants, with feedback reflected in redesign
- Work proactively with the sales and client teams to educate/inform/update on broader private market capabilities
- Represent new products (and existing if required) as a PM proxy to support Distribution
- Source asset specific co-investment capital from strategic investors
- Review currenct products and help to facilitate changes, restructures, mergers and liquidations of products within the Private Markets team.
- Experience in the asset management industry, with knowledge of alternative asset classes such as private equity, credit or RE, alternative investment structures
- A thorough knowledge of key competitors and the competitive environment
- A good working knowledge of the legal and regulatory provisions associated with the role
- Ability to build and nurture strong relationships across the industry at a senior level
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Modelling skills and problem-solving
- Credibility and ability to engage with senior managers across disciplines (portfolio management, distribution, strategy, marketing and operations) to discuss and facilitate the execution of strategic initiatives
- Working understanding of the product strategy and development lifecycle and experience managing highly complex.